Author Topic: Fuel Pump flange (re)recall  (Read 197 times)

Offline corkboy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 08' K1200 GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: AF-XIED plug. Z-TEC screen, LED Highbeams, Front/rear dashcam
Fuel Pump flange (re)recall
« on: August 23, 2020, 11:10:05 am »
Anybody hear anything else about this recall just announced?
https://www.rideapart.com/articles/440296/2020-recall-bmw-motorcycles-3/

The article is USA specific, and I can't find anything about other areas.  The recall is to start on 2nd October.

I'll contact my local BMW dealer closer to the day. They have been brilliant with performing outstanding recalls since I bought the bike (free of charge), even though I'm the 3rd owner and the bike is 12 years old.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Fuel Pump flange (re)recall
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2020, 03:57:01 pm »
In Greece, the dealers simply replaced the entire fuel pump for all bikes, under the recall.

In UK, they inspected the bike, if it was leaking it got a new pump,if it wasn't leaking (mine and most others) they were fobbed off with the support ring. Pathetic, and now it coming back to bite them.

Of course, in UK nothing will be done because we don't have such great class-action lawyers nor such a safety conscious DoT.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2020, 04:09:25 pm »
Didn't you change yours for a metal one Brian? Maybe you could re-post a link.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 05:38:58 pm »
I did on the K12S. I fitted it because with my sticking throttles the tank was coming off more often than a ladyof ill reputes underwear and the dry-break was in imminent danger of failing.

However, it is the base into which the brass dry-break union screws that fails. Fitting the metal valve does nothing for the fuel pump flange.

For completeness, here is the linky link thingy to the screwy screw thingy...

https://www.tom-parker.co.uk/products/cpc-plastic-and-brass-couplings/2/fuel-line-couplings/61/brass-coupling-bodies/150/pipe-thread-valved-male-thread/649/clcd100040v/