Author Topic: K1300s rear top box  (Read 202 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: K1300s rear top box
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2019, 09:44:39 pm »
Set of Torx and Allen bits (from the nearest Halfords en-route) and a decent set of drivers and you are all there.

OR, the guy you are buying it from must have taken it off his bike so 'MUST' have the tools. Buy him a beer... :D

Offline sitting_duck

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2013 K1300S 30th Year
  • Modifications and add-ons:: LED indicators, LED H7 Conversion, HP Dash
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2019, 05:50:47 pm »
HI Guys,
Been a while since posting but i want to put a rear top box on the bike. I have the thick 2 arm grab handles on at the moment with the clear plate that bridges them, which the tail bag fits on nicely.
Question is, what do i need to fit, say, a givi box, besides the monkey plate ?

And if anyones selling one, pm me

Ant

Hepco and Becker do an adaptor plate for that BMW rack so you can fit any of their own H&B boxes - which is what I did. I get to keep the OE look of the BMW racks arms (can't stand the SW Motech or H&B metal rack) but do get a "proper" box on there.

I don't beleive givi do an adaptor for that plate so you'd have to roll your own solution.

This is mine:

And here's what H&B has for the K1300S:

https://www.hepco-shop.de/meinbike/bmw/k-1300-s
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 05:57:22 pm by sitting_duck »

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, System 5 intercom helmets. MRA tinted screen. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector, 6 lit tail bag. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors, paralever arm. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. T Bag tail 15-25lit bag, 5 lit tank bag. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2019, 06:00:45 pm »
Givi ut805 35l ,highly recommended for quality. I hate hard cases (top boxes) . Had a v47carbon for only 8 months worked experience regarding bikes appearance and handling over 160kms that is.
Embrace the wind.

Offline sitting_duck

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2013 K1300S 30th Year
  • Modifications and add-ons:: LED indicators, LED H7 Conversion, HP Dash
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2019, 06:08:35 pm »
Givi ut805 35l ,highly recommended for quality. I hate hard cases (top boxes) . Had a v47carbon for only 8 months worked experience regarding bikes appearance and handling over 160kms that is.

That's a good option - I may yet get one and add it to my current setup (strapped to the seat), I prefer hard cases so I can leave them "secured" (as much as is possible) to the bike and wander off without carrying my lid / gloves etc.

Offline Andym535

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2019, 07:19:32 pm »
the guy you are buying it from must have taken it off his bike so 'MUST' have the tools. Buy him a beer... :D

He might even have a spare subframe if the rivnuts came loose.

Offline Bullet

• Stop looking at the Avatar..
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: loads
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2019, 07:55:51 pm »
All went well, a little chilly and the usual tossers on the roads but quite a lot of considerate drivers which is good to see.
Took my torx and allen set and fitted while i was there.
Perfect fit and only took about 30 mins. only saw the guy for 5 mins, his Mrs had flu so i never went inside the house.
Massive saving on the V47 but seem to have some unknown screws and bolts left over that don't fit anywhere.
Not sure if anything changed from an 11 to 16 plate.
But anyway, well happy. Didn't fancy strapping it to the bike to bring it 3 hours home.
Painful riding with these speed cameras, just stayed on the motorways to cut down on time and coming back, the A1 4 lane stretch of 12 miles was 20 MPH speed limit, apparently an oncoming vehicle in both directions !!!!!???  and was anyone doing 20 ?  like shit they were so i kept a good distance just in case of a stolen vehicle tosser...
K1300S  (Bullet) UK - What a bike !
R1200 GSA TE ( Camo ) UK