Author Topic: K1300 clutch problems????  (Read 268 times)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: K1300 clutch problems????
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 06:41:04 pm »
You may still be able to get the BMW extended warranty, worth it's weight in gold.

Offline Lotus26R

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S, S1000XR, T100, Duke 390, Elan
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 06:50:26 pm »
You may still be able to get the BMW extended warranty, worth it's weight in gold.

Something else learned today! - I take it that the experience with this product is pretty good?

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2018, 07:44:03 pm »
Do a search.

Richard discovered some odd things to his cost.

Rae came out quids in.

Steve (now a BMW salesman) did a print out of his claims and it came to four A4 pages (from memory). It would have been cheaper for them to have given him a couple of new bikes...

I don't have it which is no recommendation either way  ::)

IF
You 'need' your bike to get to work
OR
Don't know your S-bend from your U-joint
OR
Don't have more money than sense
THEN
Get the BMW Warranty for about £1/day.

You know it makes sense  :D

Offline Lotus26R

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S, S1000XR, T100, Duke 390, Elan
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2018, 09:49:13 pm »
OK - I was sold. Filled in the quote, was OK with the price so "Proceeded to buy".

Then there was a box to tick:

"I can confirm that my vehicle has been fully serviced in accordance with the manufacturing recommendations/intervals and has not been modified in any way."

It does have 9 stamps in the book in its 17,000 miles but the last 5 are with an independent in York. I actually thought that WAS a good service history.

That's a blow.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 10:07:51 pm by Lotus26R »

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2018, 10:27:18 pm »
Just because it was serviced by an independent doesn't mean it was not in accordance with the BMW schedule.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Patriotic white, blue & red (if you're Russian)
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 10:31:21 pm »
Just because it was serviced by an independent doesn't mean it was not in accordance with the BMW schedule.

Good point, Rae.
I would ring the BMW warranty folks and ask them. They may be amenable.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:32:31 am by richtea »
.-..-. .. / -.-. .- -. / ... - .. .-.. .-.. / . -. .--- --- -.-- / ... . -..- / .- - / --... ....- / -....- / .. / .-.. .. ...- . / .- - / --... -.... --..-- / ... --- / .. - .----. ... / -. --- / -.. .. ... - .- -. -.-. . .-.-.- .-..-. / -... --- -.- / -- --- -. -.- .... --- ..- ... .

Offline MadMountainbike

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon Clutch Mod
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 07:59:15 am »
If it was Paul at theWORKSHOP then suspect you'll be fine and he'll confirm that it's done to the manufacturers regime and specs. He's top notch.
Sometime XC racer, zero bike skills. Keen skier, no technique. Ex President & hopeless optimist... Especially at high speed or high altitude.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, System 5 intercom helmets. MRA tinted screen. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector, 6 lit tail bag. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors, paralever arm. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. T Bag tail 15-25lit bag, 5 lit tank bag. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 05:16:43 pm »
I guess I belong to the paranoid ones. Am keeping first on traffics lights and the clutch ever pulled. 10 years now without issues with cables.
My experience states that the issue with oil was one faced by models up to 8/2009.
None of the 67 units 1300 models serviced at my dealer presented any issue with the clutch.
At 60000 miles 1200 engines start to develop issues with slippage on second and some on third gear too.
Older models 06 up t0 3/2007  are subsequent to transmission box being NON serviceable at 70000 miles point.
All my efforts to reduce oil consumption using oil fm various brands made my engine to fail at 30000 miles.
Still that had to do with some mechanic glitch  being present on the first 1300 models as said above. My efforts only worsened the issue.
After a major repair where only the head body stayed the same with a used engine block 2012 (found my members of this site) the bike is reaching speeds to 304 mms with the GPS measurements , dyno says engine is now 197. Wheel power 185 hp. Am more than happy. No oil consumption after 5000 miles. Further more transition box after changing as much parts as possible simce we had it open in our hands is like butter .
So you 1300 stop worrying about clutch issues. Use recomented oil and enjoy the bike.   
Embrace the wind.