Author Topic: Seat height on bike  (Read 155 times)

Offline Kibo

• View Profile
Seat height on bike
« on: August 12, 2018, 12:03:01 am »
Gents and ladies...apologies if this already been answered ( have looked on forum but didn't see anything) but the seat on my 2012 k1300s sits really high on the sub frame...it's not loose or faulty but it don't look right...seen couple other's in dealers and there similar but anyone got ideas or info regarding this as can push my fingers under the seat to touch the sub frame and it's the ONLY part of bike I don't like....other than that it's bloody fantastic bike ...nipped to s w France other month and Christ it's quick and good 😲😊

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: Seat height on bike
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 08:59:44 am »
This was covered some weeks ago, I can't remember by who or the thread title. Try varying your search terms.

Go to the forum front page by pressing the home button top left and enter Seat Height into the search box and press enter.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:03:11 am by raesewell »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2018, 11:57:30 am »
I assume you have a stock seat.

The first thing to do is to make sure that the seat is fitted correctly.

By 'correctly' I mean that the front slots in the seat 'frame' are sitting IN the middle of the front aluminium mounting bobbins and NOT merely resting on top of them which is unsafe and an MoT failure...don't ask how I know this  ::)

Next is to make sure that no-one has fitted a seat lifting kit. These can be identified by there being rubber bungs on top of the subframe and on the cross-brace by the alarm/TPMS unit and by non-standard front tank/seat mounting bobbins.

After that, you're on your own  ;D

Offline Kibo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2018, 04:12:13 pm »
Ta will look into that...there's no extra rubber mounts so always wondered about front bolt fittings..