Author Topic: Compulsory CE Gloves in France  (Read 92 times)

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K16GT & S1000XR
Compulsory CE Gloves in France
« on: April 23, 2018, 04:32:51 pm »
I thought I would start this as a new thread, but as some of you are off abroad soon, and I am off in June, I thought I would start this again.

I was talking to someone at the weekend about riding in France and getting fines for wearing non-CE approved gloves. They now have to be CE approved with the label referencing European directive 89/686 / EEC. Fines are for both driver and passenger if not.

I checked all of mine - 12 pairs  :D - and only one pair is legal for over their and they are quite thick winter gloves.

All of my summer gloves, including a pair of Alpinstars and some expensive Triumph ones are not labelled  >:(

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Compulsory CE Gloves in France
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 06:58:39 pm »
Both my Alpinestars GP Pro's and Alpinestars 365's (winter gloves) are CE 89/686/EEC Cat 1 certified and labelled.

So that's me covered for both the scorching summer and the bloody awfully cold and wet summer  8)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, System 5 intercom helmets. MRA tinted screen. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector, 6 lit tail bag. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors, paralever arm. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. T Bag tail 15-25lit bag, 5 lit tank bag. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: Compulsory CE Gloves in France
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2018, 07:35:36 pm »
This means that have to stop tearing off  labels fm gloves and clothes, bet you next time they will ask for a certified underware, those ffffffffff.
Embrace the wind.