Author Topic: Arai visor lock  (Read 703 times)

Offline Saltboxer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Limberger bling
Arai visor lock
« on: September 26, 2017, 11:29:32 pm »
Has anyone got an Arai Chaser X and if so how do you find the visor lock release lever.
I tried one in a shop but couldn't get on with it. Thought it was a bit naff for a premium grade lid and would be much more fiddly with gloves on. Got me thinking if I can't work it how would a paramedic get on.
Thinking about a GT Air now......but have always had Arais >:(

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: Arai visor lock
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 12:08:42 am »
I aways found the Arai locks too small for a gloved hand, so I never bothered locking it. And it never opened - no problem!

But I've gone to the dark side now - AGV. A nice button press mechanism in the centre of the helmet:
https://www.cyclegear.com/_a/product_images/0224/1473/agv_pista_gpr_carbon_helmet.jpg

...holding a pretty solid clip:
https://img.newatlas.com/agv-pista-gp-r-motorcycle-helmet-2.jpg?auto=format%2Ccompress&fit=max&h=670&q=60&w=1000&s=f004ddd5c9a7aa278aff6f7b699cf8bd

Not as adjustable as an Arai though. It's:
- up
- down + air gap
- down + locked

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 08:48:53 am »
I have an Arai Chaser X. Are you talking about the visor lock catch on the bottom left  or the visor removal system in the side pods?
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline Saltboxer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 09:01:55 am »
Yes the visor lock catch on the bottom.
How do you get on with it? Even the salesman found it fiddly.

Offline Eyore

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Lots of Polish. Titax levers. GPR end can.R&G Protectors, carbon fibre bling, Tom Tom mount,daytime led lights.Low seat.Oberon clutch slave cylinder.Airblade DB screen,fender extender.Michael Dunlop sticker.
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 12:00:30 pm »
Its supposedly an upgraded idea from the RX7 but somewhat un necessary unless you happen to be doing 225mph along the straight in a Moto GP race.
However, it is genuinely no hassle when you get the hang of it and it loses its new stiffness.
Incidentally they are a lovely lid with great vents and quieter than older Arais.
The fastest Pizza delivery bike in the west.

Offline Saltboxer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 12:42:13 pm »
Thankyou all for your replies.
Went back to the shop and got a good deal on the Chaser so went ahead and ordered it. Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow.
It seems to offer more vision than my old RX7 and feels nice and comfortable with better venting gates.
As mentioned I think the visor lock will free up with wear. Also has a more quality feel to it than the GT Air.