Author Topic: Afternoon  (Read 5432 times)

Offline Steve404

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2015 Motorsport
Afternoon
« on: September 27, 2016, 06:31:30 pm »
Hello all,

Recently taken my first step to BMW ownership after buying an 09 K1300s after many years of VFR 800 cc joy (for sale by the way)

Picked the K up about a fortnight ago from darn sarf and rode back to sunny North Wales. So far so good, loving the extra quality and pace, even got the missus to pillion last week, for the first time ever, so must be good.

Everything seems OK with the bike and have taken to her like the proverbial duck to water, cant wait for next June for the annual pilgrimage to Douglas to see what she can really do over the mountain.

Its good to be here, looking forward to picking up hints and tips, see you round.

Steve
Steve Joyce

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Afternoon
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 08:16:45 pm »
Hi Steve and welcome to the madhouse that is the only-just-recovered-from-being-hacked EuroKClub!

Glad you like the bike and I think you will find that over the mountain the bike will go 'OHMYEFFINGODS' fast!

Brian (who thinks a rather large anchor would be a welcome addition  8) )

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 08:17:36 pm »
Hello and welcome .
Embrace the wind.

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 08:30:52 am »
Welcome Steve to the recently resurrected (again) EuroK site.

You'll deffo enjoy the K series just as I did for well over 10 years with nothing falling off or going wrong until I was lured into the world of the Big Twin. Talking of pillions my wife reckoned the seat on the K was the best she'd ever had the pleasure of putting her bum on! And that was coming off a Super BlackBird which was a pillions paradise.

Where abouts in 'sunny' North Wales are you? I'm not far from Mold/Buckley are we neighbours then?

Cheery bye,

Bobbigtwin
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline Steve404

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 08:59:14 am »
Chaps, Good to be here,

Bob, I live in Prestatyn, but loads of family Flint/Bagillt/Northop way. so not too far.

Quite often found having a brew at the Ponderosa or Betws.

Steve
Steve Joyce

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 07:09:30 pm »
Not too far away then Steve.

We'll have to meet up sometime. Was down your way few weeks back went to Colwyn Bay M/C to check out the Halvarssons range of gear. Suitably (pun intended) impressed with the quality and range. Check them out further at Motorcycle live in November I believe their stand is right next door to the BMW stand and is going to be a log cabin!

Bob

Offline alfadave

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300r 2014
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 07:43:51 pm »
welcome and small world im mid Wirral

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 08:28:16 pm »
I feel a local group manifesting itself ::)

Bob

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 12:09:17 am »
Is that a 'Verse!' as opposed to a 'Chapter!'  ;D

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 08:31:58 am »
The 'Bobtail Chapter'.....I like it 8)

Bob

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 11:56:44 am »
Welcome to the club,
Do you have details of the VFR for sale. Might know somebody interested as not long past test and looking for first touring bike. Pictures would be appreciated etc.
Cheers Mark.
Mark Barbour

Offline Steve404

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 07:50:29 pm »
Welcome to the club,
Do you have details of the VFR for sale. Might know somebody interested as not long past test and looking for first touring bike. Pictures would be appreciated etc.
Cheers Mark.

Mark/All,

Sorry for the delay, I have been mainly looking around the K13 section and missed the Whos Who section.

I'm up for a rendezvous sometime, if anybody fancies it, in the North Wales/North West area, as long as there is a brew at the end of it.

My VFR is still with me, put it to bed for the winter, but always open to a sale if the chance arises. Have you an e-mail and I will forward some pics for your friend to view Mark.

Cheers

Steve
Steve Joyce

Offline Bandit2beemer

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 04:54:02 pm »
welcome and small world im mid Wirral

I'm in little Sutton

Offline alfadave

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300r 2014
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 10:44:37 pm »
you ever get up to the tap or ponderosa?

Offline Steve404

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2016, 03:00:06 pm »
Quite often visit the Ponderosa for a brew, and we usually head west, to Bala, Barmouth, Lleyn Peninsula, etc, willing to ride anywhere as long as there is a brew beckoning!! And its not raining..

Steve
Steve Joyce