Author Topic: Front Wheel Bearings  (Read 7978 times)

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
Re: Front Wheel Bearings
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 05:42:46 am »
There was one tutorial where they took off the rear hub assembly from the torque tube, apart from the American guys colourful language and his know it all attitude (which really winds me up) he mentions there are two bolts that if you try and remove them they will ruin the thread or shear off if you don't heat up and melt the thread lock first

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2017, 08:53:26 am »
You must be talking about Chris Harris, he knows his stuff but I find it hard to watch the videos because of his gratuitous bad language.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2017, 11:17:38 am »
Correct in not the assumption that is hot here and that a heat gun won't harm the wheels. Excess heat is the point am drawing  attention to. In any case pressure at any dealers shop with proper equipment can do the job without further assistance fm a heat gun or else. Now that we mention it how much do they charge ? Front while bearing SKF with labor, less than an hour, is 50E.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2017, 06:39:49 am »
You must be talking about Chris Harris, he knows his stuff but I find it hard to watch the videos because of his gratuitous bad language.
I assume so, I just don't understand why he has to act like that.. If he was 17 with a back to front baseball cap and his waistband hovering above his knees I'd understand his attitude

Offline kennyc

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200GT 2008
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2017, 07:08:40 am »
strange I quite like his gratuitous bad language, it reminds me of real life in a workshop  :P

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2017, 10:44:33 am »
He just needs to get his intellect out of the gutter.

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 11:25:49 am »
strange I quite like his gratuitous bad language, it reminds me of real life in a workshop  :P
At work with my colleagues we all swear probably worse then this guy, but when in public or in earshot of them (Wetherspoons breakfast) we don't..

Saying that some of the women with their friends we come across can make us blush with their outbursts

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 12:41:25 pm »
The big question is, does his manner get him more views than it loses him?

There are a gang of fairly highly skilled and otherwise professional builders erecting a new steel-framed house about a hundred yards away across the main road. When the wind drops and my wind-chimes stop annoying the hell out of the neighbours you can hear every word they are saying to each other, foul as well as personal and professional.

Most folks don't realise how far voices carry and this from someone with one like a foghorn!

Bar staff can be the worst, as well as shop assistants. They seem to think that the bar or the counter only allows speech to travel one way...

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2017, 08:01:36 pm »
The big question is, does his manner get him more views than it loses him?

There are a gang of fairly highly skilled and otherwise professional builders erecting a new steel-framed house about a hundred yards away across the main road. When the wind drops and my wind-chimes stop annoying the hell out of the neighbours you can hear every word they are saying to each other, foul as well as personal and professional.

Most folks don't realise how far voices carry and this from someone with one like a foghorn!

Bar staff can be the worst, as well as shop assistants. They seem to think that the bar or the counter only allows speech to travel one way...
Probably the same, at the end of the day we watch his video to see how things are done. I just turn the sound off when SWMBO walks by or the kids which are all over 19 but i like to have a house where small kiddies and friends visit without the gutter talk