Author Topic: 2014 K1300R dynamic for sale  (Read 2113 times)

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
2014 K1300R dynamic for sale
« on: August 20, 2021, 12:15:08 pm »
So the time has come to get real and sell my K. I've had it from new and basically i've hardly ridden it, at present it has 2811 miles on it. It has the factory fitted alarm system (hardly used) and the usual handbook, 2 keys etc.
It has had a new battery this year as my float charger got turned off by accident in 2019 and the bike didn't come out of the shed due to work commitments and some sort of pandemic until I had its MOT'd April this year which it passed..
It has also had a new rear tyre after it ingested a 2" wheel weight, I think i put pictures in here somewhere.

So the bad news is it only had the first service after running in by BMW, after that I did an annual engine oil change 2016-2019. It has not had anything done to it since, so final drive, brake fluid, clutch fluid is the same, but at less than 3000 miles except for the hydroscopic nature of brake fluid the fluids haven't really been stressed. Oh the bar ends have chips on them.
I did a 120 odd mile trip on it end of July and everything feels like new.

I have no real reference of what price to put it up for, there's about 5 on Autotrader, but i would like at least £6500

Here is a link to it today after it came out of the shed.. Assuming the link works.

Just wanted to say thanks to a great forum, even though it disappeared and re-emerged under a different URL. But despite them trying to evade me i found it posted a few times then I vanished for nearly 2 years.
Thanks for the help in previous years and i hope to try and pop in now and then to see whats new.

https://ibb.co/rc4XVfJ
I'm down in East Sussex
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 12:54:18 pm by Blobby »

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: 2014 K1300R dynamic for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 12:20:02 pm »
If you want us to see the pictures you have to make the file public.

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2021, 12:27:25 pm »
I knew you'd tell me off  ;D
I've edited it. hopefully it will work

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2021, 12:35:28 pm »
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2021, 12:50:19 pm »
Well that's a lovely looking bike.
Not bad for a 2nd time around of editing although i need to add a bit more to my original post

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2021, 01:25:01 pm »
Wowee! That looks nice matey, sorry you didn't manage to get some proper miles on it, but it's going to make someone very happy... I am tempted to think of it as a slightly ridiculous track bike :D
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 02:51:13 pm »
Wowee! That looks nice matey, sorry you didn't manage to get some proper miles on it, but it's going to make someone very happy... I am tempted to think of it as a slightly ridiculous track bike :D
Thanks. I went from commuting 120 miles a day on various different bikes to not needing to commute in 2008, at the time i had a 1000cc Vstrom which i didn't really like so i sold it. I hit 50 in 2014 and bought the bike thinking we would do all these trips, but it just didn't happen.. Maybe because i went from a ride in all weathers commuter to a if there's a remote chance of rain the bike stays in.
Also as 4 wheeled method of getting around (This is getting me banned from the forum) I drive an EV now and i have never been so relaxed in my life driving it. I still drive a works Transit van for work though, which makes me appreciate the car even more.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2021, 02:52:36 pm »
Looks a nice piece of kit, you certainly advertised in the right plate plenty on here who do not own a K.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2021, 12:26:51 pm »
I knew you'd tell me off  ;D

It's what we keep him for. We only let him out of the cupboard to dish out bollockings and stop the Russian spammers getting in.

Oh, and the different URL wasn't the only change back in 2014. But that seems like a reaaallllly long time ago now.

Stick around, we need all the members we can get. It's the membership fees that keep me in the style to which I would like to be elevated above 8)