Author Topic: K13 GT SE Buffetting fine tuned out  (Read 1539 times)

Offline JackSnipe

• View Profile
K13 GT SE Buffetting fine tuned out
« on: April 20, 2016, 08:34:14 pm »
My wife and I went for a nip down to Stratford to see the Bard. Prior to setting off I adjusted the MRA X Creen spoiler to mimic the angle of my Givi Airflow screens spoilers which are on two of my bikes, as opposed to carry on with it following the smooth lines of the bikes main screen, albeit sitting proud and higher than the top edge, this more barn door approach has sorted all the buffetting completely. Both for passenger and rider alike. I am starting to appreciate this bikes abilities now and realise what a great machine it would be on a continental tour, its is comfortable, stable and goes like stink, with two of us aboard as well. Today we were not hanging about and it was quite busy but the bike returned (On the computer)  49 mpg. I will get this slow speed throttle issue sorted but really I have been spoilt becasue my other bikes are so expertly fuelled. On our more typical naggery roads both my DL 1000 and Versys 1000 have the edge over the BM any loss in performance is made up by ease of use and chuckability, the tables will be turned on a longer mainland Europe run. All that being said I would not pay upwards of £16000 - £18000 for the equivalent new model BM I would save myself between 7 and 8 thousand and be happy with the other bikes. In the absence of a K13 replacement by BM ( I do not really view K16 as a direct replacment too big no gain in performance) I would consider the RT  and consider it even more if they slicked up its front end a little, it looks too baggerish for me.

JS

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
Re: K13 GT SE Buffetting fine tuned out
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 11:10:10 pm »
Good to hear someone else extolling the virtues of the Teutonic rocket! I thoroughly enjoyed mine for the 4 years I had it. We parted company last year when I P/Xed it for an RT, mainly because I became a convert when I rode several BMW demo bikes, and found the R12RT LC actually more comfortable, more nimble at low speeds and plenty capable, even with 35 hp less power! Looks wise, the LC model with it's halo lights gives it, I think, a greater visual presence. The boxer twin really cannot be compared with smoothness of the in-line fours, but the LC variant has come on a long way. :)

PS Just one quick question (well two actually) for you Jack re Burgman 650. I'm currently trying to establish which decent replacement horn will fit on the wife's Burgman Exec (2015 model), in order to replace the pathetic OEM one fitted. Also, do you consider the OEM heated grips to be feeble all through their range?

Thanks.

Steve

Offline JackSnipe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 12:25:39 pm »
Steve, Have a look at this website as the owner fitted shell horns to my previous 650 Burgman : Towzatronics He fitted both the high and low horn in the front tupperware, from memory fairly high up. As regards the heated grips have have heard that about them on this model, in fairness I rarely use them as I am selective about its winter use. Having had R&G Grips on a previous bike I rate them highly and they are mega value for money and would not look out of place on the Burg.

JS

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 08:56:21 pm »
Jack, thanks for the info. I'll take a look at that site and see what can be done. Re the heated grips, as the Burg's still under warranty, I've phoned Suzuki GB Customer Service who actually showed an interest in my moan about the feeble grips! So, we'll see what happens (if anything) at the next dealer service.