Author Topic: One Direction means no Direction!!!!!!!!  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
One Direction means no Direction!!!!!!!!
« on: June 05, 2015, 11:50:58 pm »
45 Mile f....ing traffic queue earlier on from Chippenham to Cardiff on the M4 all courtesy of a Concert for Mong Direction and Manic Street Screachers too. I was in the Tin Box as I had to visit HQ in Filton with a lot of kit so no chance of filtering. I still defaulted to bike mode though as I went over the Old Bridge and cut through to Usk and found myself leaning and counter-steering the Grand Scenic along the lanes causing alarm to a number of cyclists.

Oh yeah and if anyone is thinking of riding down Usk way next Sunday 14th there will be a number of roads closed due to some kind of "Velothon", reckon we should all turn up on Velocettes and play dumb ;D

Ahh, whinge over, thanks for ignoring
Isnt it Ironic, no its a BMW what dya expect.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: One Direction means no Direction!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 12:11:32 am »
See it every time they have a Concert at Knebworth.

Last big concert Lord Cobbold up at the house didn't want cars spoiling his view from the house of the concert, because he had guests for dinner, so they could only use one entrance. This resulted in cars backed up for many miles on the A1M and many with mucho expensive tickets not even getting there. Some abandoned on the hard shoulder and trecked across the fields.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 12:30:26 am »
Last time I was at Knebworth it was for Led Zep, and a vague memory of  Chas & Dave being one of the supporting bands, bizarre.
Isnt it Ironic, no its a BMW what dya expect.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2015, 12:45:54 am »
A34 was a car park both north and south this afternoon! I got blue flashed by 3 area cars, one after the other, in a real hurry on my way up to NOG. I have no idea how they manage to travel so fast when I was honking on and they came up behind me like I was parked! Each time I was sure I was nicked, talk about a guilty conscience!

I was only there for an hour and there must have been about 10 minutes when there was no sound of sirens outside; god only knows what was going down in Oxford.

Brian (who got immense pleasure from filtering past two of them on the way home as they were then in the queue and not going anywhere fast  8)

Offline Lightning_650

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2015, 10:35:54 am »
See it every time they have a Concert at Knebworth.

Last big concert Lord Cobbold up at the house didn't want cars spoiling his view from the house of the concert, because he had guests for dinner, so they could only use one entrance. This resulted in cars backed up for many miles on the A1M and many with mucho expensive tickets not even getting there. Some abandoned on the hard shoulder and trecked across the fields.
Wasn't just the traffic that caused problems at the Knebworth concerts:
Me and the missus bought a really nice first floor flat in Stevenage,(believe it or not there actually used to be such a thing),and one Knebworth weekend I came across from the garage,crash helmet in hand, and found a neighbour clearing up piss in the foyer..one of the drunken scum from the local pub,(which had been fine until a new fat pig of a landlord took over) had got in and taken a slash.
Neighbour pointed out the culprit,scumbag sees us looking at him and,realises he's been busted.
Neither of us said anything,went upstairs to our respective flats and the next thing it's like a scene from Beirut...shouting and hollering,beer glasses/bricks etc being thrown at/through the windows/a drunken posse at my door trying to break it down...it was a bastad nightmare
The missus was cowering on the floor amongst all the broken glass,I called the Old Bill as it was all kicking off,but they didn't seem too keen on attending until I said I would shoot the first person through the door with my,(legally held),12 bore.The scum must have overheard me shouting down the phone because the next thing they were legging it in all directions.
One policeman duly showed up 30 minutes later,it turned out that the neighbour had gone back downstairs and the scum saw him and gave chase as he went back to his flat,thus gaining entry again and causing resultant mayhem.
The Copper apologised but said all his oppos were dealing with the concert goers,all he was really interested in was telling me off for threatening to shoot someone....I pointed out that if he'd turned up by himself 30 minutes earlier the arseholes might have set upon him and then he'd have been glad I had a gun
NFA was taken,the arses got away with it,and I just got the gentle ticking off....not long after,we sold and moved...
Lifes a bitch.And then you die.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2015, 08:59:33 pm »
Oh, the joys and perils of being Shotgun sticky foot holder!

Brian (who threatened to break his over the neighbour's head and the law didn't know what to tell him off for  8) )

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2015, 11:07:20 pm »
45 Mile f....ing traffic queue earlier on from Chippenham to Cardiff on the M4 all courtesy of a Concert for Mong Direction and Manic Street Screachers too. I was in the Tin Box as I had to visit HQ in Filton with a lot of kit so no chance of filtering. I still defaulted to bike mode though as I went over the Old Bridge and cut through to Usk and found myself leaning and counter-steering the Grand Scenic along the lanes causing alarm to a number of cyclists.

Oh yeah and if anyone is thinking of riding down Usk way next Sunday 14th there will be a number of roads closed due to some kind of "Velothon", reckon we should all turn up on Velocettes and play dumb ;D

Ahh, whinge over, thanks for ignoring
.....and again tonight Tim....the 1D tosspots are still in town......!! ::)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2015, 04:26:37 pm »
Last time I was at Knebworth it was for Led Zep, and a vague memory of  Chas & Dave being one of the supporting bands, bizarre.

Ditto

Offline KLC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2015, 06:20:12 pm »
twas 1979 if i remember correctly. Caused chaos, took ages to get to the site.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2015, 06:35:27 pm »
Yeah think so. Got there night before , fences went down about 3am and everyone charged in, lay down and went to sleep, woke up it was like sardines you could hardly walk anywhere. during the day someone nearby fed one of the girls some LSD or something, she went off the head, fortunately one of the lads who fancied her decided to look after her and took her out. Not that it got him anywhere as she had no recall of any of it. I remember halfway through the afternoon a  bride and groom making there way through the crowd she was in the full white dress. Coming out after was chaos, fell over somewhere in the dark and lost a very nice watch. Oh yeah and the zep gig was quite good too.
Wish I was able to remember my 2nd year engineering maths in the same detail but for some reason my head  doesn't work like that