Author Topic: Charlie's bmw so far  (Read 10516 times)

Charlie farley

Charlie's bmw so far
« on: August 06, 2015, 08:54:31 pm »
This is a continuation from who's who.
Im not going dip into my pocket reason being the clutch noise was highlighted on my test ride they were supposed to fix , they did not so they took it back to have another go still not fixed , now there master mechanic ? Agreed with my first concerns and that the clutch basket is toast , in my first email to them I outlined my concerns and fixes for them they agreed, so why it was not fixed first time around is beyond me. I do have a very anal atetude to mechanical right or wrong as ive been in the aircraft industry for 30 years cant help it. >:(
All I want is my k1200 back working so I can pile some miles on it as I do with all my bikes.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 09:06:05 pm by Charlie farley »

Charlie farley

Re: Charlie's bmw so far
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 12:00:10 pm »
next installment,
BMW are going to supply all necessary parts , complete clutch assy gaskets bolts e.c.t.,dealership are covering the rest, a few days to obtain the bits from the mother-ship put all back together give it back to me silent and fixed . :D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 01:15:18 pm »
Well, we are all awaiting installment three with bated breath  :o

Brian (who thinks the right thing seems to be being done by BMW all round on this one  ;D )

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 01:24:31 pm »
next installment,
BMW are going to supply all necessary parts , complete clutch assy gaskets bolts e.c.t.,dealership are covering the rest, a few days to obtain the bits from the mother-ship put all back together give it back to me silent and fixed . :D

I see no reason why they shouldn't I've had two  ::)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 02:08:01 pm »
Wish you could inform us about the s/n of the parts used, maybe fm the invoice after installment? 
Fm personal experience when the same job is done twice then most possibly dealer at first time was too eager to assist and rush the repairs for the bike before receiving the new version of parts, second time he just used corrected parts, and yes it happened many times before. The latest incidents had to do with the switchgears on K13 bikes.
If this is the first time they do this job on your bike then it might be a missed recall, and most probably is.
Embrace the wind.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 02:22:29 pm »
The way it works with the warranty they fix it you collect it the bill goes to warranty people,when I had my ABS unit replaced the other week if I hadn't asked how much the bill was they wouldn't have told me,you pay the excess if you have chosen to have one and walk out the door.

When I had the clutch's done that was done else where and I wasn't just a.n.other and was previ to a lot more info.

Charlie farley

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 08:23:58 pm »
Hi all, got the bike back clutch replaced complete , timing chain +guides and new tensioner so all is good I'm not thinking that these motors are never going to be as quite as a goldwing, once moving all I hear is the wind all good . Also fitted the lowering kit from lust racing so I can flat foot both side at a standstill so feel much better , only time will tell so I'll get on and ride it .
Charlie

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 09:08:52 pm »
Great news, enjoy it now that summer is here  :o

Brian (who can't cope with all these bikes being fixed, soon there will be nothing to moan about  ::) )

Charlie farley

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 10:05:17 pm »
Summer is where ? :P

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 10:53:13 pm »
Irony?

Charlie farley

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 11:09:16 pm »
Ironmongery nah raining stair rods in Suffolk  ;D

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 11:32:33 am »
Perfect enjoy, remember bike has now the tendency to negotiate curves with a more narrow apex and exits at higher speed. Other than that the feeling of having both feet down is extremely reassuring.
40 Celcious today here. Summer...... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2015, 12:51:12 pm »
Sod off Costas!

Brian (who is relishing using the car this weekend as it is 17 degs and raining stair rods here today

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2015, 04:28:39 pm »
Seconded. I just rode home in fog and rain and 14C from London all the way to Bodmin. Where I then had to fight through all the bloody holiday makers all the way to falmouth

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 05:27:52 pm »
Early knock off then Martin?

Think youself lucky you don't use the M4. I couldn't get out of Newbury on either the A4 or the M4 at 4pm. Had to use the lanes and Ermin Street to get to Swindon; apparently 6 miles of queueing traffic between 13 and 18!

Brian (who notes there is new a 4 hour wait time for the tunnel for passenger vehicles and only 2 hours for freight)