Author Topic: Factory Sat Nav extortion (Tin Box talk alert)  (Read 4136 times)

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
Factory Sat Nav extortion (Tin Box talk alert)
« on: November 09, 2015, 04:58:27 pm »
So, its not just BMW Motorrad who fleece us for silly money for a Sat Nav.

Ive just ordered my new Co Car, a Skoda Octavia 4x4. My model doesnt get sat nav as standard so its �750 extra, but whats worse with the car is, its not even different hardware, apart from a different roof aerial, its basically all software on SD cards, the main touch-screen radio unit is basically the same. So maybe �600 for Nav V isnt bad after all.
Sorry, cars, nasty things, unless of course its minus whatever and snow every-where
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:03:46 pm by Phmode »
Isnt it Ironic, no its a BMW what dya expect.

Offline JackSnipe

• View Profile
Re: Factory Sat Nav extortion (Tin Box talk alert)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 07:53:28 pm »
My Octavia Elegance 4x4 came with Sat Nav fitted as standard, can you not do a deal on the next grade up, the difference inside from the SE is noticeable.

JS
JS

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 08:59:16 pm »
My Octavia Elegance 4x4 came with Sat Nav fitted as standard, can you not do a deal on the next grade up, the difference inside from the SE is noticeable.

JS

I know, but try telling my company, stupid thing is with the extras that we have to have, Sat Nav, Raised boot floor etc its not far off the SE L price anyway, but thats it, SE is the only one on the company list so thats what we get, I had to fight to get this, the standard car for us is now an Astra or Megane Sport Tourer. Up to 3 years ago we could pretty much have any car within reason and pay the "Upgrade", not any more, company hides behind "Its an Ecological decision". Still, Ive got a job :D

Offline JackSnipe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 10:45:51 pm »
Timbox, Regardless, it is a great car. The engine is a peach and the handling and traction are superb. Having had some sporty cars including WRX'sand powerful BM's I would not at this stage go back. Our roads are simply too congested to utilise the greater performance,  and the Octavia has real world useful performance and can cope with inclement weather as well.

JS
JS

Elite Evil

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 01:38:49 am »
"Its an Ecological decision".

Uh could you not counter that argument with the fact Skoda are VW?  ;)

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 06:38:28 am »
Timbox, Regardless, it is a great car. The engine is a peach and the handling and traction are superb. Having had some sporty cars including WRX'sand powerful BM's I would not at this stage go back. Our roads are simply too congested to utilise the greater performance,  and the Octavia has real world useful performance and can cope with inclement weather as well.

JS

Oh yes, dont get me wrong, I know its a great car the topic was purely comparing costs of sat nav, And yes, getting around the Brecon Beacons should be a bit easier and safer if we do get the snow that some are forecasting.

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 06:41:57 am »
"Its an Ecological decision".

Uh could you not counter that argument with the fact Skoda are VW?  ;)

;D ;D ;D, Yeah, that would go down well, mind you my take on it is that VW arent the only sinners, they just got caught.

Offline Niall

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 08 K12GT SE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: More lights than a mod scooter
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 12:27:30 pm »

;D ;D ;D, Yeah, that would go down well, mind you my take on it is that VW arent the only sinners, they just got caught.

The thing is - VW Audi were saying how wonderful their diesels were WITHOUT AdBlue, something (they said) that everyone else had to use to make them comply with emissions.

I believe they got caught not because they were being checked up on, but because someone was actually trying to show how good they were, and when they were measuring the emissions "in the real world" along with a BMW X5, they were stumped why the X5 was reporting on the money but the VW Audis were way over their emissions. Then they were checked in a garage and they came in on target, but on the road they weren't, and checked again in a garage and so forth. And now it comes out they've been screwing the petrol cars as well - oh dear, what a tangled web we weave
Sospes persantas? Age! Fac ut diem...

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 04:41:30 pm »
I wouldnt buy adblue, just piss in the tank. ;D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 06:09:56 pm »
Tried that, nozzle hole too small  ;D

Brian (who also discovered his 'spare can' leaking in his Sport Case when he took it indoors last week  :o )

Offline Niall

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 08 K12GT SE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: More lights than a mod scooter
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2015, 12:22:45 pm »
I wouldnt buy adblue, just piss in the tank. ;D

That's where you're going wrong - you have to inject into the exhaust. Do be careful though, that exhaust is very hot
Sospes persantas? Age! Fac ut diem...