Author Topic: K1300s Tyre Dilemma  (Read 4167 times)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: K1300s Tyre Dilemma
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2020, 04:04:25 pm »
The pr5s are easily as good as the 3, probably better, and last longer, never noticed any lunge for the imperfections in fact they seem to just roll over most features of our modern road surfaces. Very sensitive to tyre pressure though on both bikes, more than I recall with the 3s, with the steering starting to feel like porridge if a couple of psi out.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2020, 04:09:48 pm »
You'll get the funny accents up there! Sorry Chris, I can't help my prejudice after growing up around there :P

Knowing them like I do.... don’t ever go in there and call e’m Brummies you’ll leaving with less than you went in with and that won’t be money  ;),come too think of it there’s one... the other travel from miles away and also talk about Brummies  :D

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2020, 04:10:59 pm »
I never got on with the PR4s Martin they used to make a lunge for any imperfections in the road, I haven't used Michelins since.

Neither did I hence why I used Dunlop’s for years,but was then and this is now....