Author Topic: Alltyres365  (Read 2907 times)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Alltyres365
« on: July 10, 2019, 03:35:31 pm »
I thought I would share my experience with you of Alltyres365.co.uk
Because of the .co.uk web address I was under the impression that they were in the UK, I was mistaken.
The Paypal payment went to Bulgaria and the tyres started their journey in Germany.
I ordered a pair of Pirelli Angel GT (A) on the 1st July and they turned up on the 10th July, so not a particularly fast delivery. I paid £210.93, so, a good price. Communication was a bit sketchy with little details of delivery. They used DPD, so once the delivery was on the DPD system I was able to track the progress.
By comparison I found out after I ordered I could have got them from Tyreleader for £193.47 but Tyreleader are based in Andorra so the delivery might also be slow.
I was in no hurry for the tyres and so was willing to wait, however I think I would use a UK based supplier next time.

Offline Oxford-k1300s

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 30th anniversary
Re: Alltyres365
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 03:44:28 pm »
Thanks for the heads up raeswell.

We have all done it in the pursuit of a good deal. Sometimes we get burnt and other times we don't.

Looks like you were fortunate in this instance.

I would love to say that I will only purchase from a Uk supplier and also from the local dealer to enable them to survive in an ever increasing difficut and competative market, but the desire to save a pound or two tends to overide that desire.
Yes, Madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly.'

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2019, 11:17:09 pm »
I have bought all my tyres from various suppliers on the internet and they are generally sourced from somewhere in Europe. That's the way things are nowadays.

It's like most automotive/motorcycle dealers don't carry stock anymore, but if someone in the UK has the part you need, they will have it there for you the following day. It costs too much to carry stock.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 09:46:25 am »
I have bought all my tyres from various suppliers on the internet and they are generally sourced from somewhere in Europe. That's the way things are nowadays.

It's like most automotive/motorcycle dealers don't carry stock anymore, but if someone in the UK has the part you need, they will have it there for you the following day. It costs too much to carry stock.

Most motorbike tyres aren't manufactured in the UK*, so having them delivered from mainland Europe is no great surprise.

I agree that the web site is somewhat misleading, Rae, but the 'About' page and Ts&Cs often tell you the truth. The Ts & Cs give more detail:
ISARNEMA GmbH ("we"). We are registered in the Munich Local Court in Germany under company number HRB 229466 and with our registered office at Fürstenrieder Str. 279a, 81377 Munich Germany
and
...payments are handled by the service provider ISARNEM GmbH EOOD, Sveti Kniaz Boris 97, BG-6000 Stara Zagora
That's the Bulgarian angle - if you choose not to pay by Paypal.

For all that, they're UK VAT registered, German registered, they use Paypal, etc, so it looks legit (which it was, as you found out).

My egg-sucking advice, when buying direct from a new company, is check these things:
- is there a real address & phone number on the Contacts page? If not, avoid them.
- scan the Ts & Cs**. Are they comprehensive, i.e. does the company care enough to protect you & itself? In this case, the Ts & Cs are really clear and well written.

Last bit:
- if we Brexit*** badly you'll not be covered by UK consumer law when buying from Europe. Can't wait for that bigly pleasure -  so so excited:
https://www.gov.uk/buying-europe-brexit

*All except for Avon

**Reading in full is sometimes too painful, I know. I once had to read 54 pages of Microsoft Terms on a mobile phone before accepting them, and I did read everything - on a mobile screen just like a customer was supposed to do. Luckily I was paid to do it. I gave Microsoft formal feedback on what an idiot idea it was - they stuck with it of course.

***I verbed it! Woo hoo.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 09:58:43 am by richtea »

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 11:00:19 am »
That was my point Rich, nothing wrong with Alltyres365 or any other internet tyre company, but as you say do a bit of digging. In this case it made no difference to me but had I been in a hurry it would have been different. Delivery details were not evident on the site and it wasn't until I emailed them that they told me that DPD would email me when in the system. Ten days delivery on this occasion didn't matter, if I had been going on a trip it may have been a deal breaker and with little to no information on delivery I think they could be more transparent.
It all went well this time but as I said I will try to use a UK based company next time, even if they source them from Europe. This pair of Angel GTs were made in Germany.