Author Topic: Rok Straps and Backpacks  (Read 1618 times)

Lembu

Rok Straps and Backpacks
« on: May 16, 2017, 05:23:41 pm »
Kit review - Rok Straps

I own a set of BMW sports panniers and plan to buy myself an SW-Motech tank bag, as I suspect this combination will be well suited to multi day trips.  But I don’t really use the panniers atm.

However this review is for a big endorsement for Rok-Straps – I have two sets = four straps of the shorter length Motorcycle Stretch Strap and like them a lot.  The have a loop at one end that can go around handles and rear frame on the K, or anything else on anything else.  They don't flap, and I do have confidence that they are secure.  They are sold in my local BMW authorised dealer.

Also – favourite luggage: an ordinary Thule 30l backpack kindly given to me by my lovely partner, which has been hauled around on the back of bikes for the last four years.  Big enough for: trainers, sandals, shorts jeans, socks, pants, two shirts, running gear, spare gloves, wallet papers phone chargers, washgear.  Mind you by then its pretty much bursting  :) and no room for impulse buys.
When the pack is really not big enough, I use a 60 litre Decathlon waterproof holdall.  Also wonderful.

The Thule pack  has survived mud and torrential rain, seems to stay pretty dry, and its easy to carry off the bike.

Anyway - Rok Straps.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Rok Straps and Backpacks
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 09:57:31 pm »
One wonders quite what the cute little boxes are in your review.... 8)

Lembu

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:33:28 am »
Thanks Brian - I clearly still havent got this photos thing cracked ...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8KUQN1UWNynZ2ZHQjgyZHZqQk0

but in the post I see pics where you see boxes.  I used screenshot.net as a host site for my pictures.  I read the "how to" but is there something else I should be doing?  Appreciate any help.

Dave

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 11:00:59 pm »
Not using screenshot.net?

Try Photobucket. Works every time.

Also, we have our very own Google Drive referenced from the How To file.