Author Topic: New camera on the block  (Read 3199 times)

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
New camera on the block
« on: December 04, 2020, 07:56:25 pm »
I'm not really a camera sort of a person but if you are this looks interesting. There is a review video with a comparison to the Innov2. Quality and colour looks really good and at what looks like a bargain price.

https://www.nippynormans.com/r1200gs-mark-2-08-to-09/techalogic-k2-dc-1-dual-recording-helmet-camera-no-sd-card

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odVoV0tDB9A&ab_channel=ABIKETHING

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: New camera on the block
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 08:58:57 pm »
No mention of safety when you hit the ground (that's what helmets are for, right?).
The mount in the catalogue looks pretty meaty, which might mean you get a twisting action on your noddle if you hit the deck.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 11:58:20 pm »
But he has 72 things on his helmet so it will probably even itself out...

Seriously, I have a large lump keeping my camera off the floor. It's called my shoulder, and if my head twists far enough for the camera to contact the floor, I'm probably already dead.

I know videos are difficult to show off well but I couldn't make out any of the reg. no's of the cars in that. My drift Ghosts show them clearly.

I was considering the DC-1 but bought another second hand Ghost instead.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 10:55:02 am »
Hmm, I still don't really get it, but that's true of a lot of accessories.

- rear view doesn't matter (if it's crashes you're worried about, they're at fault, and if it's ride video you're after, behind is history!)
- in front, just attach it to the fairing?

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 12:28:45 pm »
If it is behind they're at fault...and you are lying under your now mangled bike 20 yards down the road...and then they drive over you/off and are never seen again. You didn't get their reg. no. and despite having a great chunk of the front of their undertray stuck in your ribcage, that only tells the law what make of car it was.

When you come to in the ambulance, you might see the point  ;)

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 02:55:02 pm »
"whyeye pet welcome back to the land of the living, by the weeey someone stole your helmet camera like pet man pet"

Im assuming we all get rear ended in geordie land near Byker Grove.

But yeah maybe if they make filtering illegal and we have to queue and start getting taken out that way more often, then it'd be worth it. But hidden on the bike instead would be my preference. Mostly because I forget to charge the headset already.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 03:04:18 pm »
If you intend to buy it to use it as a dashcam, I would strongly discourage everyone to buy this kind of forward/rearward looking camera : a dashcam is supposed to be forgotten after you installed it. And this one here isn't : you're continually swapping or recharging batteries. Then better install a proper dashcam (or 2, if you want the rear too) like e.g. a roadhawk https://www.roadhawkusa.com/product/roadhawk-ride/   Less cumbersome, and cheaper too (even 2 of them)...

This brings me to the comparison video : comparing apples and pears...

... There is a review video with a comparison to the Innov2. ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odVoV0tDB9A&ab_channel=ABIKETHING

And most importantly, I hope that that Techalogic camera works way better than the Innovv I once bought for 250€ ... and never got working properly. Not even after installing 40€ worth of extra equipment ("choks", the Chinese helps desk guy called them - he meant "chokes", I figured out after he passed me some links) ... The attempt to try to fix what was meant to be working out-of-the-box failed brilliantly. My conviction is that Innovv cameras are only working in a laboratory environment (and especially not on the K1300S, which is emitting too much EMC noise for those overdelicate Innovvs)... Ask Brian (to whom I sent my worthless Innovv and didn't get it working properly either). Anything is better than that Chinese Innovv sh.t.
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 04:21:57 pm »
I'll hang on for my Google Streetmap temple implant accessory. It's the next step on from Google Glasses (that was just testing the tech - they knew it wouldn't fly in that form).

Completely free service, including fitting - just needs a Google account. All they ask for is access to the data, anonymised of course. No brainer.

Oi, you from 2030 - am I getting close yet?

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 04:26:38 pm »
Have you been at Matts home brew Rich  :D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 04:49:24 pm »
I think the lockdown is getting to our younger members Rae.

As someone who has been in self-isolation for decades, this is a breeze...

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2020, 05:03:48 pm »
Same here Brian, Melanie says I'm just carrying on as normal  ???

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 06:03:02 pm »
I'm proud to acknowledge Richard is testing my latest brew. Crab and mozzarella IPA, dry hopped with grasshopper legs. Glad it's going well Rich!
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline fatporker

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: MRA Vario Touring Screen, AC Schnitzer Levers, Mirror Extenders,Cansmart with denali soundbomb and B6 rear brake light, GPR EXhaust , SW Motech Alu Rack
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2020, 07:37:01 pm »
I have a K2 fitted on my Africa Twin .. it is a superb camera, no need to remember to switch it on it is auto start up with the bike. You can put up to 256gb card into it which will run the dual camera for around 9 hours.  i wanted it for touring and as i ride the bike round london thought it useful in case of any run ins.

When i first joined this forum i actually asked if anyone had one fitted to the K ... i am trying to figure best location .. eg would it be possible to add slightly longer screw to accommodate the bracket and use the fairing screw by the radiator.

Note there are actually 3 new innovv cameras coming out ... i had spoken to the supplier in advance .. supposedly a 4k version .. tho it will be a lot bulkier owing to apparently 4k not being able to be relayed down a wire so the gubbings are part of the camera .. there will also be a new Innovv 2 which will have  a better interface and i think better set up facilities so u do not have to acces the base unit and it can be hidden away under the seat without needing to be accessed to check connectivity etc.   and finally similar updates to the single lens C5 version