Author Topic: New members say hello here!  (Read 39155 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
New members say hello here!
« on: February 13, 2015, 02:59:16 am »
Come on in, say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Who are you? Where are you from? What do you ride? What are your biking interests? What other interests do you have?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:33:09 am by sysadmin »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: New members say hello here!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 03:15:28 am »
So, I guess I should start this party!

The real name is Brian, I hail from Newbury and have a 2004 K1200S in the fastest colour scheme ever, Alpine White and Indigo Blue  ;D

I don't commute, cos I don't work, so the bike is a toy rather than a workhorse. It's mainly used for European tours and shorter UK trips as well as the usual blasts around the local lanes.

Recent big rides have been the 'Greece or Bust' trip to Athens in 2013 and the 'Old Gits' trip to Italy in 2014.

Looking forward to the coming season and the OG's trip to Spain to ride the Picos and the Pyrennees in June  8)

Other interests include astronomy, fighting the flab, Malt whiskey and coffin dodging, not necessarily in that order!

Brian (who hopes you all enjoy the new site as much as he enjoyed the old one  :'( )

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 11:21:51 am »
Hi Bobtail here real name Bob Springett.

Been riding for ...........oh so many years I've forgotten how many.

Retired headteacher, best thing I ever did was taking early retirement before they closed the doors. Started up my own Advanced Riding School which was fairly successful until the point arrived when I wasn't riding for leisure any more so now I only take a handful of like minded souls out occasionally, when I want to. The bike is now really just for pleasure.

And the bike is a K1200S of 05 stature you know the one with the proper indicator paddles(so no silly problems with switchgear). Had it for ten years and still going strong hook it up to the optimate and it always starts on the button. Probably due for a change but only to get another K.

Married to Maria and it's fortunate that we like all the same things but mainly biking and cricket. Brian do you reckon we could have a cricket section!!!!

I'm sure that this site will be a success especially as it has gone live on Friday 13th! Was that deliberate I ask?

Cheers for now and welcome to all our new souls who I'm sure will be transmogrifying from the Faceache page.

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 11:35:35 am »
Hello all, my name is Rae Sewell
I live in Normanton West Yorkshire, originally from London.
I am semi retired, more retired than semi.
I ride a 2008 K1200GT with about 55,000 miles on the clock 45,000 of which are mine.
For my sins I have been nominated as one of the Mods (not the sort that rides a Vespa).

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 12:38:02 pm »
Hello all,
Costas here from Greece, retired Army SF.
Married to Kelly with a son currently in UK  and a daughter in Crete.
Love to travel with the bike, and equally love to host people who travel with their bikes.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Paul C

• Global Moderator
  • ...ooh, why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2015, 01:20:34 pm »
Hi. Early member of the original forum. Had a 1200GT for 5 years \ 50,000 miles. Just seem to still be hanging around!
Now retired, doing some BloodBikes voluntary work, making things for pleasure and riding my bikes.
GSA, CCM GP450, Moto Guzzi Lemans II. Once had a K1200GT

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 02:12:55 pm »
....and the man who managed to kick-start the process to get this new home organised.

Much kudos to you Paul  8)

Brian (who would still be crying his eyes out if it weren't for Paul  :'( )

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 02:22:32 pm »
Yes Paul thank you for your efforts and nice to see you here.

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2015, 03:56:18 pm »
Belco100 here, a member of the old Euro K Club and GB Riders Boards.

Based in Essex, rides a K16GT Sport and K13S.

Well done to all who got this board backup. ;D

Offline jqworle

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Ex K1600GT Sport owner
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2015, 04:17:12 pm »
John from sunny Weston super mare. I ride a K1600 GT Sport and enjoy long walks in the rain,furry kittens and soft furnishings.

Offline midlife crisis

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 04:25:54 pm »
I'm in, something I haven't said very often in my old age. well done to all that have got this up and running. I live on the northern edge of the Lake District near Penrith. I ride a K1300GT EE and even after moaning about the reliability of my first one have now bought exactly the same but with 21,000 miles less on the clock. If anyone is up this way then be great to meet up.

Graham

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2015, 04:32:01 pm »
Welcome one and all. Would you all please put your location in your profile.

Offline Ned1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2015, 06:06:25 pm »
Hi all,
John from the old site here, well done to all for getting this up and running.
I'm another one that took early retirement,
been a biker for long time now (first road one was at 16) apart from one break of about four years due to house/mortgage etc.,
For the last 3 or 4 years now I've been mainly a fair weather biker as I don't  do winter ridding anymore which is why I am a grumpy
old man at the moment (so the wife says) but the bike still puts a big grin on my face out on the A roads in fine weather even after all
this time.   

Roll on the better weather

Ned   :)
Ride like they are out to kill you and live to ride another day

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2015, 06:30:39 pm »
Hello John nice to have you back.
Would you be kind enough to put your location in your profile. It helps with meets and trip organising and offers of help if you ever need it.

Offline Tony

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Remus Exhaust
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2015, 09:46:16 pm »
Hi, I'm Tony,
                  I ride a 2007 K1200S that I bought last year with 6300 Miles on the clock ,I ride purely for fun as have to use car for work, I live in Eastbourne..

Thank you for getting the new site up and running...