Author Topic: Speeding Europe  (Read 2384 times)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
Speeding Europe
« on: January 13, 2021, 09:23:19 pm »
Get a text from a mate who is a hard core white van man, tells me as the exchange of data has ceased with Europe unless you get stopped on the side of the road....there’ll no letter in the post  :)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: Speeding Europe
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 09:39:24 pm »
I read similar today, but as with most things Brexit it's not entirely clear. The data exchange has stopped but theres some other way they could conceivably get what they need:

"It is understood that while the Cross-Border Enforcement Directive has been scrapped, the 1959 Council of Europe Convention on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters will continue to apply to the UK.

That raises the prospect of continental prosecutors still being able to access the details they need to trigger proceedings, but via a different route"

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 09:43:52 pm »
After reading how UK passport holders will be allowed 90 days in Europe no matter which country anyone owning a house in Spain is going to find it interesting, hence why currently removal firms are  currently fully booked both ways.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 09:49:23 pm »
I know a few people who are tangling with that problem at the moment. Byzantine level of complexity in the undeveloped processes and paperwork. And the food bio security laws mean you cant take a ham or cheese sandwich over the border whichever direction you are travelling...

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2021, 09:53:37 pm »
This is interesting.

So we first said "too much cost for computer things" then got told tough. So presumably we spent the money to do it. And spent too much obviously, because they always do.

Perhaps whether we blag our way into a recreation of the EU version depends on the financials. How long until the cost is written or paid off? Do we make enough from it? Can the money gained be used to murder people abroad? All important questions!

Also, did they ever solve all the European poop box rust heaps that used to drive around London without paying the congestion charge?
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 11:01:29 pm »
Wheres the £350 million a week Boris promised wed be saving? Even with Covid costs there should be some left

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 09:09:56 am »
Wheres the £350 million a week Boris promised wed be saving? Even with Covid costs there should be some left
Paying for furlough and PPE.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2021, 09:10:35 am »
I think the next several years of that got spent on getting one of their mates to work out how to get hold of PPE, get PPE, realise it's no good, dispose of it, pay off any people wanting to talk about it, suing those people when they do talk about it, then paying Tarquin to do the same thing again. And then paying a PR agency to try and make everyone forget about anyone in government ever mentioning "herd immunity" and "20k dead and we'll have done well" and "I've been to a hospital full of people with covid and I've been shaking hands with them all". :P

Ha David was more succinct :P
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"

Offline Philip

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport STOLEN. Now on R1200GS which is a little slower.
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2021, 11:35:26 am »
LMFAO at that Matt, unfortunately it's so true.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2021, 11:43:18 am »
It sounds like 'some' folk not only listened to the bucket loads of tripe spouted by the vote leavers but that some of those same some actually believed some of it some of the time.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2021, 05:24:31 pm »
Anyway I have a new passport, an IDP that I apparently dont need, and a replacement EHIC card on the way after I "lost" my original when they said the scheme was scrapped (you cant get a GHIC card till your EHIC expires). So now sitting on my hands waiting till I can go see my mates in Amsterdam without having to quarantine for 10 days. Actively looking for sports panniers not only as crash brings but to maximise the duty free carrying capacity

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2021, 06:25:38 pm »
Duty free hasn't been a thing since I've been old enough to make use of it. So is this year's trip better being a duty free run and selling a load of stuff in dodgy pubs when we get back? Almost like a biker gang!

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 06:27:57 pm »
It sounds like 'some' folk not only listened to the bucket loads of tripe spouted by the vote leavers but that some of those same some actually believed some of it some of the time.

We need to buy you a big wooden spoon! ;)
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2021, 12:23:10 pm »
 :)