Author Topic: Missing first ride out  (Read 2610 times)

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
Missing first ride out
« on: January 28, 2018, 01:57:46 pm »
Up early this morning to go spinning than supposed to be going out on bike. Lovely day and was looking forward to first blast in a while. Then during spinning i go and ruptured Calf muscle. P**sed off to say the least.
Mark Barbour

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Missing first ride out
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 02:39:36 pm »
See, if God had meant you to go pedal-pushing he wouldn't have invented the infernal conbustion engine so serves you right.

But sympathies anyway  ::)

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 01:49:45 pm »
Thanks for those kind word of encouragement?? ;D ;D
Mark Barbour

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 08:25:37 pm »
I was out on Sunday just to make sure the battery got a charge - so nice not to have thermals under... etc etc I like ‘off-season’ - no bug-splat!
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 08:31:38 pm »
I was out on Sunday just to make sure the battery got a charge - so nice not to have thermals under... etc etc I like ‘off-season’ - no bug-splat!

Ditto. And ditto ditto!

First decent day of January. And possibly the last. Hey ho. Roll on warm, sunny March.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 08:33:55 pm »
 ???

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 08:24:50 am »
Having watched a guy who had pushed his calf muscle so much it popped a varicose vein which bled everywhere on one of them fly on the wall A&E shows, I would also recommend an internal combustion engine, with no signs of a kick starter too.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 09:18:01 am »
Mmm. Much as I love motorcycles and motorcycling, I’d do without one before I’d sell my last pedal cycle. It’s such a wonderfully efficient, clean mode of transport and I wish the UK was better configured for it. My daughter lives in Amsterdam and I love being able to cycle everywhere in comparative safety, free from the constraints of public or private motorised transport. The only downside is that your pride and joy is bound to be stolen at some point, so it makes sense to ride an old, unattractive bike.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 12:14:42 pm »
Mmm. Much as I love motorcycles and motorcycling, I’d do without one before I’d sell my last pedal cycle. It’s such a wonderfully efficient, clean mode of transport and I wish the UK was better configured for it. My daughter lives in Amsterdam and I love being able to cycle everywhere in comparative safety, free from the constraints of public or private motorised transport. The only downside is that your pride and joy is bound to be stolen at some point, so it makes sense to ride an old, unattractive bike.

Agreed. It's simple, can be cheap, and keeps you fit - if you don't overdo it.
Why go to a gym when you can cycle - even in London? I don't understand gyms.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2018, 11:48:14 pm »
I think that Mark needs to warm up properly before he starts pushing those big gears.

Not a fan of spinning. Can't see the point of it. Would much rather go for a proper cycle ride.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2018, 07:31:22 am »
Spinning... tried it once. Loved it till I passed out! 🙄
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline nightrider

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300 GT
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2018, 07:35:32 am »
Commiserations Mark I ruptured my calf muscle about a month ago and it's only just got better. At one stage I could hardly walk. On the plus side you should be Ok by the spring.
Ride your bike until it hurts-and then-err ride it a bit more.

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2018, 12:53:18 pm »
Weather up here not exactly been great to go out on a push bike to be honest. In training for a 65 mile cycle ride round Lochness in April. As soon as the frost lifts and calf ok. I will be out on the roads. Cant even get out on my motorbike, still about 2 degrees leaving house at 6 o`clock in the morning.
Been like the longest winter ever for a few years, getting rather cheesed off to say the least.
Mark Barbour