Author Topic: Ireland 2017  (Read 8428 times)

Offline LOM46

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2010 BMW k1300s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Puig screen, rear hugger
Re: Ireland 2017
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2017, 05:33:23 pm »
Nice spin today. Nothing major mileage wise but great fun all the same.

Staigue Stone Fort near Castlecove, Kerry.

On the way from Caherdaniel to Waterville

Ballinskelligs Beach

Beachcove

Cliff View on the Skellig Ring

Bray Head, Valentia Island

Geokaun Mountain, Valentia Island

Ferry from Valentia Island to Reenard Point

Mountain Stage on the way to Kilorglin

--- Forza Vale ---

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 11:02:58 pm »
Great photos.

Like the signs for the Wild Atlantic Way.

Whetting my appetite even more for our visit at the end of May.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2017, 07:57:41 am »
Many more of these piccies and there's gonna be a rush to the emigration door...! (And don't mention Brexit!)
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 03:34:35 pm »
Hello there,
Appreciaye the time re routes i sent. Looks like you woul dneed a garmin programme or similar to ready GPX files.
No problems though as most of the picture that your uploading look like great places to have a little blast round. Cant wait for our June trip and hopefully weather will be fine.
Should i bring waterproofs????
Mark Barbour

Offline LOM46

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 03:40:44 pm »
Hello there,
Appreciaye the time re routes i sent. Looks like you woul dneed a garmin programme or similar to ready GPX files.
No problems though as most of the picture that your uploading look like great places to have a little blast round. Cant wait for our June trip and hopefully weather will be fine.
Should i bring waterproofs????

No problemo, if you need anything when you're here just give me a shout. I bring waterproofs every time I get on my bike ;D Rather looking at it than looking for it. Unfortunately while the weather here can be beautiful, it can change drastically in two seconds. Waterproofs and sun cream, you'll probably need both within 10 minutes of each other ;D
--- Forza Vale ---

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2017, 04:41:17 pm »
Any biker who rides anywhere in our wonderful islands more than 1/2 hour from home without waterproofs is either an eternal optimist, daft or a fish  :D

Brian (who wonders if anyone asks why it is called the Emerald Isle and more importantly, how it got to be that colour  8) )

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 12:37:50 pm »
Always an optomist, keeps me smiling.
Oh well need to buy another set of waterproofs then. Had a RST set and were very good until the zip went and the side leg seem came away. Wore almost every day for 3 months during winter but would have expected better durability.
Feel a need thread?? Or maybe look first at waterproof suggestions.
Mark Barbour

Offline LOM46

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2017, 12:54:27 pm »
Always an optomist, keeps me smiling.
Oh well need to buy another set of waterproofs then. Had a RST set and were very good until the zip went and the side leg seem came away. Wore almost every day for 3 months during winter but would have expected better durability.
Feel a need thread?? Or maybe look first at waterproof suggestions.

I use the following jacket over my textile one when the rain starts. It's light but very effective and keeping both the rain and wind chill out.
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/71071

I have these overpants too but I'm not a huge fan. For whatever reason the water seems to find its way in at the crotch >:( ;D I'm looking at new ones at the moment.
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/33286

My ideal waterproofs are ones that work ;D, are light so they can be thrown in a bag without eating too much space, and are easy/quick to put on at the side of the road. The jacket ticks all the boxes for me anyway, still researching pants ;D
--- Forza Vale ---

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 01:07:03 pm »
It's the putting on at the side of the road bit that puts me off, by the time you have worked out it's raining hard enough to put the suit on you're already wet. I like textiles for that reason.

Offline LOM46

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 01:31:42 pm »
It's the putting on at the side of the road bit that puts me off, by the time you have worked out it's raining hard enough to put the suit on you're already wet. I like textiles for that reason.

All my gear is textile but I find it just absorbs the water so I throw some expensive plastic over me ;D
--- Forza Vale ---

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 01:38:25 pm »
I have the new bonded Gore Tex so that doesn't happen.

Offline LOM46

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 01:42:06 pm »
I have the new bonded Gore Tex so that doesn't happen.

Well la-di-da ;D my textile jacket is in need of replacement so I may go down the Gore Tex route if I can bag myself a bargain. Fantastic bits of kit but the price makes it impossible for me most of the time.
--- Forza Vale ---

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2017, 01:45:56 pm »
I bought the Rev It Poseidon Jacket which is normally £600 but I got an email 20% discount code from Get Geared for my birthday and a voucher for Christmas from my wife so I got it reduced a fair bit over the normal price.

Offline LOM46

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2017, 01:51:14 pm »
I bought the Rev It Poseidon Jacket which is normally £600 but I got an email 20% discount code from Get Geared for my birthday and a voucher for Christmas from my wife so I got it reduced a fair bit over the normal price.

Well played 8) I've replaced the zip in mine about 4 times and the stitching is starting to go in loads of places so I'll be shopping soon. Hopefully some sales pop up over the next couple of months and I get myself a deal.
--- Forza Vale ---

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2017, 04:50:53 pm »
Yeah, i have the Wolf outlast textiles. However mainly used the waterproofs over the top during the winter to help prevent the light coloured textiles from getting totally covered in slat and grit which was getting them rather filthy to say the least. Washed once and then did the Nicwax treatment. Although i am sure they have shrunk as liners now hanging out the bottom of trousers. Nae happy with that.
Mark Barbour