Author Topic: And for those who hate software in general....  (Read 1875 times)

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
And for those who hate software in general....
« on: August 01, 2015, 03:49:12 pm »

Brian (.....and British summers specifically  :( )

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
Re: And for those who hate software in general....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 04:05:42 pm »
Tell me about it
Have been rained on 3 times this afternoon and broken the zip on the waterproofs trying to put them on in a hurry.now sweating my wossnames off in the sun
So new one piece to go with new tyres this afternoon which hopefully ensure it stays dry for the next 300 miles now I'm all freshly kitted out

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 05:41:12 pm »
So, you got rid of those Michelin 'car' tyres you were running then? Bet it feels weird going into corners now without those shoulders to get past  ;D

Brian (who has seen squarer tyres on a motorbike, but never on a K bike before)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 11:28:48 pm »
Yes but had to get Chris to put me onto somewhere outside the Shropshire "wont have any in til tuesday" tyre desert where I ended up with a set of curiously round PR4s. Had forgotten there was a tread pattern in the middle. Still 10,980 miles out of a set of tyres can't complain.  Have discovered if I cruise at the speed limit for BMW large soft bag I have to lean into corners on the motorways and dual carriageways which will help keep them round. Needs a lot of cooperation from the cagers though, as in most of them need to stay at home with their friends from the traffic police. This afternoons test - on private roads obviously - saw an average speed of 1** over the last 85 miles and nicely scrubbed in all around