Author Topic: BMW Motorad, Bordeaux  (Read 2995 times)

Bullet

BMW Motorad, Bordeaux
« on: September 03, 2016, 11:34:45 pm »
Highly recommended by me after going the extra mile to supply and fit me some tyres last weekend.
Thought id got enough rubber for the blast their and back, but the 38 degree heat at high speed soon chewed what was left up.
Concerned i was going to hit heavy rain in the UK coming back on the Sunday made me decide to get them changed, assuming i was going to pay through the nose,,,,but would be done right.
Managed to get some Metz sportec fitted for 329 euro, which i was happy with considering they were from a main dealer.
Couldn't get PR4 or anything else on the day so settled for straight replacements.

i was very well looked after and had a potter around the Yam shop over the road with one of the biggest clothing stores I've been, which was next door.

So all in all a pleasant day out in wonderful sunshine....... ;D

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: BMW Motorad, Bordeaux
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 12:04:11 am »
One would expect that tyres such as Michelin PR4 would be available at a better price than can be found in the UK. If such a place exists we need to post it up on here and give them our business.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline alpinebiker

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 09:13:22 am »
You were within an hour and a half of my place in the Dordogne.
There are quite a few bike shops in Bordeaux in that area as you'll have found. Am assuming you had M7's fitted, which at Dafy or Axxe motos close by would have cost you around €280 (fitted) rather than the €329 you paid, but at least they fitted you in and they balanced the wheels. The last rear tyre I bought at a Dafy moto shop, they charged for balance and fitting to a removed wheel but didn't have the spindle necessary for the size of the rear hub so I had to pay someone elsewhere to do the same job.
My local dealer also went out of their way to fit in a visiting friends XR first service at short notice, so the network does seem to try and accomodate "hardship" stories. Hope you had a good trip?

« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 09:17:51 am by alpinebiker »
"The older I get the faster I used to be"

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 11:22:50 am »
It has always been my experience down many decades of riding and driving in France, that car and bike dealers and spares and repairs shops in general go out of their way, even for Brits, far more than I think British dealers and shops would do for a 'foreigner' over here! I've never felt ripped off, even when I couldn't speak a word of the language and was relying on pointing, screaming and crying to get what I wanted.

I'm glad you had a similar experience Ant and while you can ALWAYS find stuff cheaper than you paid, you can also write yourbke off and go mad rushing round in circles trying to find the best deal on the whole continent!

Bullet

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 07:00:25 pm »
You were within an hour and a half of my place in the Dordogne.
There are quite a few bike shops in Bordeaux in that area as you'll have found. Am assuming you had M7's fitted, which at Dafy or Axxe motos close by would have cost you around €280 (fitted) rather than the €329 you paid, but at least they fitted you in and they balanced the wheels. The last rear tyre I bought at a Dafy moto shop, they charged for balance and fitting to a removed wheel but didn't have the spindle necessary for the size of the rear hub so I had to pay someone elsewhere to do the same job.
My local dealer also went out of their way to fit in a visiting friends XR first service at short notice, so the network does seem to try and accomodate "hardship" stories. Hope you had a good trip?

I maybe less than that away from you as I'm at Mirambeau near Jonjac pretty much 10 weeks a year on and off......back again mid Sept and heading to the Pyrenees via Millau.................oh its a hard life !  ;)

Offline alpinebiker

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 07:50:38 pm »
I was at Marciallac on Thursday this week, only 15km from Mirambeau, great ride over from my place there and we visited a  great little restaurant there. Small world!
"The older I get the faster I used to be"