Author Topic: Fleeced by the Stealer!  (Read 2224 times)

Offline Lightning_650

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT
Fleeced by the Stealer!
« on: June 04, 2015, 08:23:35 pm »
Took my K in today for the rear wheel flange recall,determined not to let them get their grubby mitts on my hard earned spons.
Oh yes,they were all sweetness and light,"We''ll do the fuel pump recall as well,Sir,will Sir take a seat upstairs and have free coffee while he waits".
Yes,Sir will,Sir,thank you very much,step this way Sir".
Sir imbibed their coffee and read their magazines,until he was approached by the smiling service manager,"your machine is almost ready Sir,would Sir like to..."etc,etc.
"Here's your free visual check sheet...all good Sir it's a beautiful example Sir does look after it but was Sir aware that Sirs rear brake pads are just about on the metal?
PERFIDY!...Sir was fully aware that his rear brake was a little spongy,and that when he had spun the wheel there was the faintest hiss of pad-change-required,and Sir had intended to do that this very weekend...
Suddenly the BMW shirt-wearer was no longer a bright-eyed servant to the discerning motorcyclist...his mask had slipped,and he was revealed to be a shifty eyed,swarthy ASSASSIN!
He had striped me up royally...and in the end I slunk away £88 to the bad...tricked AGAIN by their friendly smiles and shining premises....
One day....one day....when the revolution comes....
Lifes a bitch.And then you die.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Fleeced by the Stealer!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 09:00:46 pm »
Go on, admit it, you like having your bum licked just before it gets a good kicking!

Brian (who knows all about metallic rear pads)

Offline Lightning_650

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 09:55:07 pm »
Go on, admit it, you like having your bum licked just before it gets a good kicking!

Brian (who knows all about metallic rear pads)
It's unnerving the way they remember everything about you...way back,after I test rode the K1600/R1200/GSA,the "New Sales", feller rang to enquire if I'd made a decision.
I was under the weather at the time and my wife took the call,but subsequently I called him and said I'd chosen differently etc.
Today he came up and gave it,"hope you are fully recovered", etc....bloody hell I didn't even remember being sick,it's that long ago!
I'm trying to ease the shame of the unexpected spending by telling myself if they hadn't legged me over for the pads I would have bought the fluoro Orange system 6 Evo with the Bluetooth kit pre-installed,so enticingly placed on the shelf behind him..........,but it wouldn't be true.... :-[

« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 12:25:20 pm by Lightning_650 »
Lifes a bitch.And then you die.

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2015, 05:50:50 am »
Yeah, Cotswold BMW got me once for front pads when they were servicing the K13. They offered me "Free Fitting", but it was still �100. Mind you they were the only Dealer that ever gave me the bike back looking like new as they gave it a properly free Valet, and I dont just mean a wash, it was sparkling. Never went there again though as the Car Sales people gave me a look like Id just pissed on their carpet as I walked through.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 03:08:06 pm by Phmode »
Isnt it Ironic, no its a BMW what dya expect.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 09:54:37 am »
I've told you before about that leak in your catheter!

Brian (who always uses NOG's car-side coffee lounge just to pee em all off!

Last week their coffee machine was out of order with a sign sayinfpg 'Please use the Motorrad machine'! Needless to say, not a single one did, they were all huddled up in the God's hiding from the heathens!

Brian (who didn't realise that BMW made cars too)