Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 599 times)

Offline thrash happy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300s 2010 cheap doer upper
  • Modifications and add-ons:: none yet but can, phone mount, usb port, clear indicators
Hi all
« on: June 27, 2023, 09:12:36 am »
Just brought k1300s an older 2010  higher milage 37k jobbie bit of a hobby to fix it up and enjoy it I'm gob smacked at the price of the parts its feels like I've been mugged every time I buy something
It's better to burn out than to fade away

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2023, 09:51:36 am »
Welcome to BMW ownership  ;D
Where did you bring it from?

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 01:09:12 pm »
Hi Mark and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

Good to see you did your homework before you bought it. BMW = Bring My Wallet or Bust My Wallet if things go downhill too fast. Brian

Offline thrash happy

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: none yet but can, phone mount, usb port, clear indicators
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 02:10:46 pm »
Thanks for the welcome  :thumbsup:
I picked it up from wales at the weekend was a decent ride back to cambridgeshire on the way back I noticed a few issues the exhaust started to blow from the front pipes so I've taken them off to get them welded up what a bitch to got the rusted nuts off so ordered new studs and nuts ouch I havent orderd the new gaskets yet I'll see if the old ones leak once its back together. It was real slow to start at a fuel stop so guess I've got the hot start issue I'll make up a couple of leads myself. 1 other issue I was aware of is the right hand heated grips not working I've managed to pull the rubber back and found a broken wire so looks like an easy fix.
The Esa feels like its working gets firmer and softer in the different modes altough i was expecting a bigger difference from comfort to sport
It's recently had new tyres disc's pads its due a oil service so I will do that while it's stripped down the body works decent
other then those issues she rode very well im well impressed with the power and handling
1 quick question can the switch gear be angled up as im finding it hard they seem like there twisted to far downwards i have to keep looking at them to use them 
bring my wallet club that made me chuckle
« Last Edit: June 27, 2023, 02:30:14 pm by thrash happy »

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2023, 03:45:48 pm »
I think the switchgear has locating pins, so you're unlikely to be able to adjust them without hacking.
You could try an R handlebar - that may give you a more comfy position, but no guarantees.

Ady is in the throes of going the other way (R -> S bars), so he may have some knowledge.

Offline runnerboy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s
  • Modifications and add-ons:: The best colour K13s 😉 Remus can, carbon hugger, Heli risers.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2023, 06:21:51 pm »
Welcome, they are great bikes, quirks notwithstanding!
I have heli bars on mine, makes all the difference for me.
Really keen to know how you got the headers off, I need to do the same on one of mine, so far heat plan didn’t work so well…

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2023, 12:27:01 pm »
From my very painful experience, make absolutely sure that the welder bolts the flanges to at least a substantial block  of wood or preferably a good sized lump of angle iron BEFORE he torches it.

The git who welded mine ('yeah mate, I used to make exhaust systems') didn't do either and the thing ended up looking like a Medusa with bits pointing in all directions...

Offline thrash happy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2023, 07:09:13 pm »
Iv'e taken the rad off to get to the studs better and to clean it I hammered a 9mm 12 point socket over the badly corroded nuts the studs have come out had to order new studs and nuts got some off ebay £40 ish