Author Topic: My new steed  (Read 15958 times)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
Re: My new steed
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2016, 08:35:45 pm »
Steering wheel is on the wrong side for a start. ::)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2016, 09:02:56 pm »
It actually  looks like it was moved in the wrong side .
But soon Tom will solve the mkstery 
Embrace the wind.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2016, 10:09:19 pm »
It is a Rover (clue)  :) and the steering wheel is on the other side. Why would that be?
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2016, 11:22:42 pm »
A P6 ??? and.........The 2200 SC and 2200 TC replaced the 2000 SC and TC. Announced in October 1973[12] and produced through to the early part of 1977, it used a 2.2 L (2,205 cc or 134.6 cu in) version of the 2000 engine with the bore increased from 85.7 mm (3.4 in) to 90.5 mm (3.6 in): the stroke was unchanged at 85.7 mm.[12] Gear boxes on the manual transmission cars were strengthened to cope with claimed power increases to 98 bhp (73 kW; 99 PS) and 115 bhp (86 kW; 117 PS) for the SC (single carburettor) and TC (twin carburettor) versions respectively, along with the improved torque.[12]

The last 2200 came off the production line on 19 March 1977, a left-hand drive export version that was then converted to right-hand drive by Tourist Trophy Garage, Farnham. The 2200 originally fitted Pirelli Cinturato 165HR14 tyres (CA67) when leaving the factory.

Good ol' wikipedia....assuming I'm right that is!! ;) :-[

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2016, 05:45:19 pm »
Well done Steve.

It is a Rover 3500S NADA more correctly known as a Rover 3500S Federal. Recognisable by it's three scoop bonnet which of course was not shown in my photo.

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline tiggerwood

• Like BMW Bikes but not some dealers
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300GT 2010 (109000 miles)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Wunderlich Air deflectors, top box
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2016, 09:33:18 pm »
Given the enthusiasm you've shown for the marque, if you all bought a few more I'd still be working there.
Business  bikes are tax deductable

Offline Costas

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2016, 07:55:45 pm »
You are going to draw us  all to a discusion that will reviele the mistakes by many UK covernmensts and their pur planning and legislation faults that led to the destruction of british automobile industries.
But to be fair it was, bad design, wrong marketing,  pure construction quality and many faulty models that lay the fields for the governmets and entrepreneurs  to stop invest in this field.
Embrace the wind.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2016, 08:18:07 pm »
Given the enthusiasm you've shown for the marque, if you all bought a few more I'd still be working there.

Was that your life plan then?

Brian (who thinks we all did you a BIG favour  ;D )

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2016, 10:33:02 pm »
Another way to aproach topic,  why I didn't think of that?
Embrace the wind.

Offline tiggerwood

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2016, 10:57:53 pm »
I've had a hard life.

I went to work in a volatile car company to avoid dying young in the chemical industry (the average life expectancy of an industrial chemist in the 1960s and 70s was 43 years).

Youngest member of the Quality Team at Triumph Cars, I saw the last Triumph Stag leave the factory while my new colleagues dropped their difficult jobs on my my desk. Na�vely I rose to all the challenges. My reward: press-ganged into Engineering, where they forced me back to college for four years.

Just when I thought I could escape with my new qualification, they put me on their advanced driver training course for a month (the used retired Police Class 1 instructors) and then made me drive cars on test tracks and occasionally race circuits whenever they thought I might be trying to leave the company.

Completely brainwashed I stayed until the place closed 20 years later.

For the last 11 years, I've  suffered withdrawal sypmtoms from my addiction to driving other peoples' cars. The thought of spending my own money on a fast car still gives me nightmares.

I've coped by choosing bikes for self-employed transport. 330,000 miles of tax-deductible motorcycling has helped.

When my last ex-company car reaches the end of the road, there will be no replacement which I have had a hand in designing developing or manufacturing.

Where did I go wrong?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 02:54:27 pm by Phmode »

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2016, 12:23:15 am »
You went into quality control!

Brian (who, as a quality management consultant for over 30 years, has absolutely no sympathy and no idea  :o )

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2016, 05:23:08 am »
No where, none of us went wrong, its just the wave of live dificult for all harder for some easier for fortunate a few others.
Embrace the wind.

Offline tiggerwood

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2016, 05:40:43 am »
I was fresh out of university and didn't know any better.

Defence Standard 05-21 was in vogue, industrial action was a daily event and nobody wanted to go on training courses for things like SPC, problem solving, trade union shop steward, negotiating techinques, mechanical petrol injection diagnostics, internal auditing etc, etc. My colleagues used me to make the number up and avoid going themselves: for me it was like university but with a paycheck. All of the courses paid dividends in the end.

As nobody knew who I was, they sent me to Solihull to find out how many defective SD1s were hidden away around the factory (over 10,000) and what they were doing with the ones which were badly damaged inside the factory(!).

I searched for a needle in a haystack for a US product liability case (one small green A5 card in a room full of five draw cabinets where they threw stored the production build records in bundles held together with elastic bands which perished rapidly. I learned that the search was never over until you'd dismantled the cabinet to get at the records which escaped the draws to end on the floor.

A survey of supplier quality involved another room full of disorganised paper and a fortnight teaching myself how to analyse and collate information by hand for over 700 suppliers. What better incentive to you need to become computer literate? I retrained in 1985.

Then in[administrator warning: maximum message length exceeded]

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2016, 10:53:46 am »
You mean there was a quality control on the Stag line. Hard to believe.

When the Stag first came out the only ones we saw were on the back of recovery trailers.

Offline tiggerwood

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2016, 06:03:18 pm »
Quality Control = inspecting out defects. This doesn't work with a defective design.

The water pump on the V8 engine was inefficient by design (there wasn't enough space to install something with a higher performance) abetted by a couple of other lesser issues. Part of the fix was to increase the pressure on the cooling system by using a 20psi radiator cap. Great theory but no follow-though in the form of uprated  coolant hoses and clip. Result coolant leaks from system & the pressure drops increasing the likelihood of overheating and subsequent head gasket failure.