Author Topic: My new steed  (Read 15959 times)

Offline gramey

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
My new steed
« on: February 04, 2016, 11:38:22 am »
In a lot of ways I was sad to have to part company with my K1200S, my hips are certainly sad to see it go, but only being able to have one bike I couldn't get away from the prospect of having an expensive time bomb under my backside. So here's the replacement, I'll post some better photo's when I get a chance as it's now fitted with a rear seat cowl and the blue looks much nicer in sunshine.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
Re: My new steed
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 11:43:49 am »
Nice, what brand is the exhaust?
Embrace the wind.

Offline Bruno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 12:24:48 pm »
Looks like a very clean bike Graham.
If at first you don't succeed then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

Steven Wright

Offline gramey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 01:59:50 pm »
Costas the exhaust are Arrow, Suzuki went through a short spell of supplying them as standard on the bike, they're road legal but with removable Db killers.

Thanks Bruno, 2 local owners from new before me with 11000 miles and FSH I just need to make sure I keep it nice and clean.  ;D

Offline Costas

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 02:51:03 pm »
Arrow as opposed to yoshimura  here. Different market different deals.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 03:37:47 pm »
Arrow as opposed to yoshimura  here. Different market different deals.

I think its Yoshi here too now
Isnt it Ironic, no its a BMW what dya expect.

Offline gramey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 03:42:45 pm »
They fitted the Arrow cans after Troy Corser won the WSBK Championship in 2005, not sure why they waited 3 years to do it but as you say I think the official option now would be Yoshimura.  :)

Offline gramey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 10:57:54 pm »
Not exactly new to Suzuki's, some of my previous Suzuki rides, sadly I don't have any of the two strokes I had in the 70's & 80's including GT250/380/550 but never the 750.
not a photograph of my actually bike but exactly the same.

my RG500 Pepsi

my first GSXR, I haven't found the photo's of my WP yet.

As said there was a GSXR750WP between the 750L and the SV, I know dodgy Power Ranger leathers long since replaced with boring black as it goes with any colour bike.

:)

« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 06:45:57 pm by gramey »

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 10:00:57 am »
I see the RG is without the shopping parachute kit.
RD350, RD 500 and then in an attempted to press my luck even more RG250 and RG500 , YAMAHA all red, SUZUKI all blue. The saga ended with a RD350VPVS red again . Fm tnat era recall my desperate efforts to brake.
All that is left is my first Hein Geriche leather jacket still hangin at my mother's house.. 2 sizes smaller am sure.
A and a photo of the first 350, will try to post on my new tab.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 10:24:22 am »
Embrace the wind.

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 10:25:10 am »
Help
Embrace the wind.

Offline gramey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 05:19:32 pm »
I see the RG is without the shopping parachute kit. ? Not sure what you're referring to here Costas?

Costas was it meant to look like this?

Mine was a later FII, I replaced the original pipes with a set of Gibson chrome expansion chambers.

;D
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 06:47:17 pm by gramey »

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2016, 11:06:52 am »
That was similar to my last RD. There was a saying here and admirably a correct one that when ridding an RG or RD the only way to stop in time was to use a braaking parascute similar to the one Fandom F4 is using.
Am with hair in this one,  with Subaru 600 on the right, my second velicle (a real tin box) after the Triumph Herald 1,3.. oh memories .........
Embrace the wind.

Offline gramey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2016, 11:17:46 am »
Costas I too used to have hair, never had a Subaru but I did have a Triumph Mk. II Vitesse, 2 litre straight six with four speed overdrive box, I never had a problem with the brakes on either the RG or RD, there's so little weight to stop and with sintered pads and braided hoses they were fine.  :)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2016, 11:20:06 am »
Costas I too used to have hair, never had a Subaru but I did have a Triumph Mk. II Vitesse, 2 litre straight six with four speed overdrive box, I never had a problem with the brakes on either the RG or RD, there's so little weight to stop and with sintered pads and braided hoses they were fine.  :)

You must be unique, a Vitesse owner who didn't die from the dreaded 'tuck under' of the rear end in corners  8)