Poll

Would you like a facility on this forum to make a voluntary contribution to EuroK Club running costs

Yes
8 (88.9%)
No
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: August 18, 2017, 09:15:14 am

Author Topic: Voluntary donations to EuroK Forum  (Read 7071 times)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Re: Voluntary donations to EuroK Forum
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2017, 10:10:59 am »
While I don’t, in any way, want to under value the contribution Brian and Rae make in providing the forum, as I’m VERY aware of the cost in both money and time, I think that the best way to reward such good deeds is to pass further good deeds on to others. Having not yet met Rae, I’m making a huge assumption on his behalf, but I’m sure that Brian would be happy if "payment" came in the form of good deeds done for other bikers. Instead of the easy option of handing over some money, organise a couple of ride outs or a trip/tour for other bikers. Set up a meet at a local pub/café or arrange a trip to a bike show. Putting yourself out slightly to make life a little easier for others is always appreciated, especially by those who already do that.

Thanks Brian and Rae!
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2017, 11:28:10 am »
Your thanks is very much appreciated David, and you are right about rides and meets, if anyone wants to organise a ride, meet or weekend please feel free. If you need any advice on organising such an event, I'm here if you need me.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2017, 01:12:38 pm »
True David. To me it is about the fraternity. But beer rarely goes amiss  8)

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2017, 10:21:08 pm »
Not quite true Steven. I have always suggested that grateful members make an annual donation, in our name, to a charity of your choice, preferably biking related.

My charity of choice is always the local air ambulance, just in case  8)

Other gifts are also always more than well received, as you know only too well  ;D

Were I to add up what I have spent on this forum and subtract from it what it (and to be fair, the previous version) has saved me, I would be in the black every time (every pun intended!). Your advice and Deeks' assistance from Canada when my throttles got stuck saved me at least £1,000 in parts and dealer's fees alone. I know this cuts both ways but I wouldn't do it if it wasn't worth it.

The PayPal stuff has some advantages and is worth considering; I don't have to become a nagging member secretary and treasurer, I don't have to go back to college to re-learn all the accountancy I have forgotten, I don't have to have seperate bank accounts etc. and I can pretend I didn't know I had to declare it as unearned income (and I know that last bit is twaddle).
That's me covered, i already donate our local air ambulance.  ;D
Still have to see if DPD can deliver beer to our Admin without either drinking it first or lobbing it over the fence and breaking it