Author Topic: The Beast!  (Read 7206 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
The Beast!
« on: August 24, 2016, 04:13:59 pm »
Just realised I never posted piccies of my new'ish K1300S acquired in February so here goes....

The piccie ont'internet that 'sold' it to me, I just couldn't get over the depth of the gloss paintwork....

And as it is today, almost....

I've added Sport Cases, SW-Motech Alu Rack, rear splash guard, Ilmberger hugger, Akrapovic can, R&G bungs and full case and fork protection set, black K1200S top yoke and Helibars (as I couldn't stand the split stock yoke in silver on the black bike), HID lights, centre stand, alarm and the Sargent seat off the K12 with the pod sprayed to match the black.

I also fitted a set of Barkbuster hand guards for those cold winter days but take them off come summer as it is way too hot with them on.

Here is a selection of piccies for your delectation and delight...

Cockpit before....

and after....

Left hand Barkbuster....

Possibly the loveliest bit on the bike....

And finally, The Beauty and The Beast, I'll let you decide which is which....

I was really impressed with the state of the bodywork and the dealer told me he hadn't tarted it so I was intrigued. It had 3M Ventureshield all over it, the full 3M kit but even so I was still impressed.

I wrote to the previous and original owner to ask who did the film and I just got his reply. He bought the bike new and was present at Rainbow when it was uncrated and had it delivered to his home with 2 miles on the clock.

He then stripped it, ACF50'd it, Auto Glym'ed the bodywork and applied three coats of Swiss Wax Carnauba hard wax before fitting the Ventureshield himself. I am truly impressed and grateful for the care he took in pre-prepping the bike. He assures me he repeated the waxing and ACF50'ing before every winter and changed the oil between services every year before his tour to the continent.

When his PCP was up he traded it for an S1000XR Sport SE which he says is a lovely bike but not a patch on a K13S and he has made me promise to give him first refusal if I decide to sell.

He also sent some piccies of the bike while he had it and I just couldn't resist including this one....

I've given him the forum details so he may well be along soon!

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
Re: The Beast!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 04:22:51 pm »
Not jealous at all..  :o

Looks fab!
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 04:55:58 pm »
But it's black .......
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 05:22:10 pm »
Yeah, but four different shades of black and anyway, I've got a non-black one already  8)

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 06:01:30 pm »
Who's gonna be Marvin in this conversation...?  8)
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Online raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 06:20:18 pm »
Hank? Lee?

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 07:00:28 pm »
Nope... Keep guessing...

Nope...

Return of the paranoid android...

The black on black on black theme returns... Haven't seen it round these parts for a few days...

Offline Dusty

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200R Sport; 2007
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 08:45:57 pm »
About time we saw these! That's a peach, Brian. No takers for the 12 or are you keeping it as your winter hack?

Offline N_Collins

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2016, 09:03:22 pm »
Looks great in black

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2016, 10:09:41 pm »
About time we saw these! That's a peach, Brian. No takers for the 12 or are you keeping it as your winter hack?

I'm torn but it is advertised as I need the cash. No interest so far so it may end up cluttering my drive for a while longer.

I note that Bournemouth Ben is also trying to sell his K12, with, I guess, as little interest. A sign of the times one supposes!

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 11:59:23 pm »
Would be good if you polished out the orange peel on the top yoke. Might even look better sprayed silver.  8)
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline CUBCANINAD

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2011 BMW K1300 GT
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 06:45:45 am »
Nice Wheels!!! :D
Bikes:
2009 Honda CBF1000A.
2011 BMW1300GT.
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

gibbo

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 08:25:15 am »
Nice looking bike Brian and a credit to the previous incumbent. I'm surprised he took so much care of it as a PCP though. Still, it's to your advantage now.  ;)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 08:36:43 am »
Nice bike Brian. I see the try out on mine had such a big impact it wan't just the K1300S you needed but a black K1300S!!
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 01:23:26 pm »
Yes, most definitely. I've gone from the sublime to the ridiculous in terms of colour schemes and I think that I have to agree with you David, black is slightly the faster colour  8)

The previous owner, Mick, who has just joined us in here despite having gone over to the weird side with an S1000XR, still has the 174mph top speed on The Beast recorded on his sat nav although he says he chickened out before it topped out  :o

Tom, yer banned! Again  8)