Author Topic: When is a Full Main Agent History -NOT ?  (Read 7247 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: When is a Full Main Agent History -NOT ?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 11:58:16 am »
As an aside, I find it best to check the coolant level at night, a dark garage would do, if I had one!

If you remove the coolant bottle cap and shine a light into the orifice, the level shows up much better than trying to do it in daylight.

Offline Graham55

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S 2005
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW LAZER optional silencer
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 01:30:32 pm »
Now we seem to have got into coolant issues, can anyone tell me if there is a ( relatively easy ) method of changing the coolant without special equipment to refill, so that you can be sure there are no air locks - I assume this is why BMW use special equipment- or say they do in the manual. 

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 02:56:56 pm »
It needs to be vacuum filled, kits are available on Ebay.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 03:15:31 pm »
You don't say in your profile what bike you have and it (maybe) makes a difference.

The VERY early K12's had a bleed nipple on the top right hand side of the head. With the bike on the side stand it was 'possible' to fill the bike and bleed the air out using the nipple.

I say 'possible' because although mine had it, when I needed a new radiator I chickened out and paid £50 for the vacuum kit. I already had a compressor!

I guarantee that every BMW dealer uses the vac kit! I can't guarantee that they use it properly.

The problem with not using the vacuum method is you get air pockets in the head which cause hot-spots in the head and this can lead to cracking. Lots of cases on t'internet of DIY folks complaining about it back when it first became common automotive practice. I doubt any of them were BM owners  8)

Offline Graham55

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S 2005
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW LAZER optional silencer
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 08:45:41 am »
It is an early k1200s and does have the bleed nipple. For safety it is a vacuum kit then I guess.

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 09:25:06 am »
Now would be a good time to include your Model and year in your profile Graham, this demonstrates why  ;D ;)

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2017, 10:54:42 am »
Very neat kit, being designed 'flat'. Mine is a clumsy three dimensional thing which is in a 'huge' box.

If you haven't hit the 'buy' button yet, one caution is that you need a small (conical?) adaptor for the radiator cap orifice.

A lot of car kits don't have the small adaptor!

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2017, 10:47:07 am »
Very neat kit, being designed 'flat'. Mine is a clumsy three dimensional thing which is in a 'huge' box.

If you haven't hit the 'buy' button yet, one caution is that you need a small (conical?) adaptor for the radiator cap orifice.

A lot of car kits don't have the small adaptor!

I'm not buying one just yet, I still need to get my radiator dirty and then time to fall apart before replacement and then refill

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2017, 06:01:30 pm »
I'd order it now! By the time it arrrives, you'll need it  :o

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2017, 03:42:42 pm »
Nice kit and in a very convenient price.
Embrace the wind.