Author Topic: Fuel Smell  (Read 10907 times)

Offline boxerboy81

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2006 K1200R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: af-xied, metal quick disconnects, centre stand.
Re: Fuel Smell
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2016, 11:02:58 am »
Here's the info for the quick disconnects....
http://www.beemerboneyard.com/cpcqkdisconk12s.html
Cheers, Steve

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 12:21:17 pm »
That looks good, $39.95 but not sure about the shipping costs.

There is a good write up with pictures here http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=36867
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 12:56:25 pm by TomL »
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2016, 02:01:15 pm »
Thanks found it.
Already have it , bought it back in 2010.
New ones would be great for others interested in local clu, so all relevant info would be transmitted asap.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 02:06:15 pm by Costas »
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2016, 06:25:48 pm »

There is a good write up with pictures here http://www.i-bmw.com/showthread.php?t=36867

Shipping is $55  :o

We need a European supplier!

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2016, 08:05:02 pm »

Shipping is $55  :o

We need a European supplier!

RS Components, Tigers suffer the same issue, but you will need to check sizes and thread type.  I know the Tiger sizes but not the BMW ones. Lots to go through but I reckon they are there somewhere. Colder Products Company (CPC), is what you want to search for if you want to try finding other suppliers if the below dont have the correct sizes.

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/c/plumbing-pipeline/pipes-tubing-and-hoses/hose-couplings/?#applied-dimensions=4294966734&cid=99170
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:13:35 pm by Timbox »
Isnt it Ironic, no its a BMW what dya expect.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2016, 09:13:10 pm »
I've already posted the details and proces of the CPC 90 deg connector. What I haven't found is the male threaded bit to go in thefront of the tank and the reinforcing ring. The kit from the US is the all-in-one solution we need.

Brian (who wants to know from Timbox why the Steel Horse is closed every time he wants a brew)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2016, 07:11:36 am »
Searching about the bit for the past year or so (again) , found a local supplier and the price was asking is 66€ per piece. Efforts to get more than 30 pieces would lower price down to 34€ . Still the hole process,  to find all those people who in the initial stages all declare their strong interest and then disappear st oped the hole procedure .
Then we had contacted that same UK supplier (in the post above) who asked for the same things rufly.
Now the details of the US distributor (kindly provided by our new member, as i had lost them)  being that same one we had contacted back in 2010 and bought 5 pieces at 46€ a piece,  semester that would be the way to go. Local fellow riders here both for K and GS bikes, face the issue very commonly, (actually for DUCATI bikes too) ,  to the point that dealers are always in very short supply of the connector. 
Note that every 5 years or so it is recomented to change the o-ring for the mettalic coupling , mine was done last time with the pump recall.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2016, 07:13:58 am »
$7.95 for shipping in the USA.

I can always bring a load home next summer

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2016, 07:37:17 am »
I've already posted the details and proces of the CPC 90 deg connector. What I haven't found is the male threaded bit to go in thefront of the tank and the reinforcing ring. The kit from the US is the all-in-one solution we need.

Brian (who wants to know from Timbox why the Steel Horse is closed every time he wants a brew)

Uhh??  The US kit shown in the link above has the two fittings a hose clip and an o ring plus some sealant. As I said, yes somebody needs to work out the size of the male thread.  The reinforcing ring is a separate part and OK, no idea about that.

As for the Steelhorse, these are the opening times from the website, though I do know that Fin does have a habit of closing early if its really quiet

Wednesday      9.00 am  -  4.30 pm
Thursday         9.00 am  -  4.30 pm
Friday              9.00 am  -  4.30 pm
Saturday          9.00 am  -  5.00 pm
Sunday            9.00 am  -  5.00 pm

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2016, 11:27:08 am »
Shoulda gone to SpecSavers then. That explains why he is nearly always closed when I dive in as it is nearly always a Monday  ::)

The guys at beemerboneyard specify that the kit fits the K12/13S and all the parts are there apart from the ring but they are in the US and want $55 to ship to UK. I've found the male elbow here in UK but not the male to female adaptor. As you say we don't know the thread size in the pump housing.

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2016, 02:41:55 pm »
Shoulda gone to SpecSavers then. That explains why he is nearly always closed when I dive in as it is nearly always a Monday  ::)

The guys at beemerboneyard specify that the kit fits the K12/13S and all the parts are there apart from the ring but they are in the US and want $55 to ship to UK. I've found the male elbow here in UK but not the male to female adaptor. As you say we don't know the thread size in the pump housing.

Cant be certain, but It may be this one http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/hose-couplings/3872511/

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2016, 03:02:26 pm »
You may have it there sunshine ☀️ although it doesn't say it is valved. This one does...

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/hose-couplings/3872511/

....but I can't find the corresponding elbow valved coupling in the RS catalogue to go with it  :(

It makes sense for it to be BSP even though the bike is German and metric.

When I have been looking for the metric equivalent of 1/2" BSP pipe fittings in France they don't have one, OBI and other B&Q type places sell 1/2" BSP for things like outside tap fittings etc so maybe it is a European 'standard'.

Brian (who wonders who is going to be the first to bugger their tank flange  :o )
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 03:33:47 pm by Phmode »

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2016, 05:10:38 pm »
Think youve lost it mate, as that link is the same as the one I posted??

Anyway, there is one thing that has been bugging me about all this, and thats the plastic fuel plate/thread. On the Triumphs the fuel pump plate is metal, but here now you have a metal thread going into plastic and Im not too sure about that, not that Im overly worried as I dont have one ;D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2016, 05:29:04 pm »
Obvious going bonkers. The RS search facilty is nonsense. The data sheet for the coupling you linked to also shows part numbers for the elbow coupling in brass, but when you search on that part number it comes up with a plastic part not a brass one.

I've given up and gone to the pub already  ;D

Offline Blobby

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Fuel filler mod
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2016, 07:29:15 am »
Don't go by the pictures on the RS catalogue. Also if the the chat option comes up you can ask them.

Also look at the data sheets to the manufacturers, you could ask them direct
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 07:34:46 am by Blobby »