Author Topic: Seats  (Read 6741 times)

Online chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
Re: Seats
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 01:58:47 pm »
Having done more than my fair share of ducking and diving buying seats on eBay my experience of the K lot is to wade in at the the death but even with the wear I'd be looking at anything between 250 and 300.

Anyone with a K r have a look at what else he is selling a true rarity

Offline TB1

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Dynamic. Tony Archer seat.
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 10:56:02 am »
Hello everyone.
Just had a seat made for my K1300R. The 'old' one, although on a 2013 bike, was scratched and slippy. It got scratched when my wife mounted the bike with a nail in her boot. ( must remember to check her hooves next time; and me my teeth if she reads this ).
Last year, whilst out on my mountain bike, stopped to check my incontinence pad and got talking to a biker on a Susuki 600 of some kind. The bike was mint and had a very neat looking seat. He told me he'd had it done at Tony Archer's workshop in Huddersfield. Forward a year and here we are.
He nicely sculpted the seat to be more supportive and covered it with a grippy material. Piping sir? No problem. How long? The length of the old one. No I meant how long will it take. Bring it in Monday and I'll have it done by Friday as I'm very busy. Just doing a seat for a guy who's over from Belgium. How much? £80. Bloody hell that sounds cheap to me!
I've ridden it twice now and it is the most comfortable thing I've sat on. To my tired eyes it looks far better than the old comfort seat.
Hats off to Tony and his son Alan for their workmanship and good humour. Can't recommend them highly enough and I would gladly have paid twice the price. ( Tony, if you're reading this, a small commission in the form of untraceable currency would be acceptable )
Would love to post a photo but I haven't got a clue how to do it or how to send it. It's taken me long enough to type this. I suppose, with practice, I could get better but I'd be dead by then anyway so I won't bother.   

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 12:37:59 pm »
We sure fancy a pic, but no worries the issue took me ages and still cant really master it.
The best affordable and logical price for a seat we ever reed in the site.
Enjoy
Embrace the wind.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2015, 02:10:40 pm »
There is a very helpful thread on posting links to piccies in the forum.

Brian (who loves piccies but only if they are not really in the forum  :o )

Online chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2015, 02:10:55 pm »
Hello everyone.
Just had a seat made for my K1300R. The 'old' one, although on a 2013 bike, was scratched and slippy. It got scratched when my wife mounted the bike with a nail in her boot. ( must remember to check her hooves next time; and me my teeth if she reads this ).
Last year, whilst out on my mountain bike, stopped to check my incontinence pad and got talking to a biker on a Susuki 600 of some kind. The bike was mint and had a very neat looking seat. He told me he'd had it done at Tony Archer's workshop in Huddersfield. Forward a year and here we are.
He nicely sculpted the seat to be more supportive and covered it with a grippy material. Piping sir? No problem. How long? The length of the old one. No I meant how long will it take. Bring it in Monday and I'll have it done by Friday as I'm very busy. Just doing a seat for a guy who's over from Belgium. How much? £80. Bloody hell that sounds cheap to me!
I've ridden it twice now and it is the most comfortable thing I've sat on. To my tired eyes it looks far better than the old comfort seat.
Hats off to Tony and his son Alan for their workmanship and good humour. Can't recommend them highly enough and I would gladly have paid twice the price. ( Tony, if you're reading this, a small commission in the form of untraceable currency would be acceptable )
Would love to post a photo but I haven't got a clue how to do it or how to send it. It's taken me long enough to type this. I suppose, with practice, I could get better but I'd be dead by then anyway so I won't bother.   

How much difference is there between your TA seat and mine.

Offline TB1

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Dynamic. Tony Archer seat.
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2015, 10:54:01 pm »
Hello chriscanning
Yes it's very similar apart from the contrast pipping. Sorry that I didn't refer to your original post. I have difficulty concentrating on more than the task in hand. I'll try to work out how to post pics following your very helpful instructions but you may have given up the ghost by the time I've worked it out. Anyway I'm grandson sitting at the moment so everything's on hold.
I'm also fighting with this Kindle and it's hilarious bloody predictive smelling so shits talking me linger than tit should do! .

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 11:13:38 pm »
If you are having difficulty with the technology Terence, then you are idealy placed, what with grandson sitting  ;D

Brian (who doesn't have a grandson so had to work it all out by himself)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 02:44:57 pm »
Lets wait and see I do not expect to reach 200.
Went for £226. I'm surprised that it didn't fetch more. It was a bit scuffed on the leading edges.

There is another one on there which is not too far from me and is up to £122
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161649340847?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2015, 02:53:01 pm »
Another man who sells his bike in bits and pieces.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:57:40 pm by Costas »
Embrace the wind.