Author Topic: Luggage  (Read 20293 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Luggage
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2015, 03:18:25 pm »
....and yet, you can't do right for doing wrong. There are those who detest top boxes and yet my mate has one on his K13S permanently. And there are those who don't like panniers, like you, but who are perfectly happy with a top box. The same with tank bags, a really Marmite item.

Those BMW soft bags do hold a ton of stuff though!

Brian (who loves em all, horses for courses he says)

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2015, 03:19:35 pm »
Outside case of the right one for 56euros. Without it , exhaust, side pillion supporter, side panel and more more more parts, and if the sub frame went AWOL then no bike..
Embrace the wind.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2015, 03:31:30 pm »
I have to say that a top box on a sports bike is an anathema for me. Almost as bad as riding a scooter.   >:(

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 03:38:09 pm »
I have to say that a top box on a sports bike is an anathema for me. Almost as bad as riding a scooter.   >:(

I agree but where's the sports bike?

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 03:42:56 pm »

But that's just you! For me, the one thing I will NEVER, EVER do is wear a rucksack on a motorcycle. I'd rather walk and carry a plastic bag or get the bus!

Brian (who hasn't actually been on a real bus since 1969)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 03:43:34 pm »
....and yet, you can't do right for doing wrong. There are those who detest top boxes and yet my mate has one on his K13S permanently. And there are those who don't like panniers, like you, but who are perfectly happy with a top box. The same with tank bags, a really Marmite item.

Those BMW soft bags do hold a ton of stuff though!

Brian (who loves em all, horses for courses he says)

I filter a lot never mind the pros and cons rights and wrongs that's what I/we do and I view panniers as a liabilty.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2015, 03:46:02 pm »
You boys aren't suggesting that a K(any) is a sports bike!!! Blade/Gixxer/RR sure

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2015, 03:47:35 pm »
Ok Sports Tourer.

But I've seen instances where riders have managed to attach a top box to a Blade.  >:(

I might accept them on a GS  :-\

I have been seen wearing a Camelbak when riding off road on the GS. For refreshment of course. :-[
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2015, 03:52:48 pm »

I filter a lot never mind the pros and cons rights and wrongs that's what I/we do and I view panniers as a liabilty.
But you can check out the colours on the strake bars of the panniers of the cars that tried to stop you filtering.  :)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2015, 03:57:57 pm »
I just don't get it, if the mirrors go through, the sport cases will go through as long as they are closed(ish), which they are 99% of the time.

It isn't like you can wiggle the K 'through' a lane of stationary traffic like a moped.

Brian (who once had a loan GS while his was in for servicing and didn't realise the cases had the 'touring' lids unlike his which had the 'city' lids)

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2015, 04:03:25 pm »
Mine has been known to wiggle between door mirrors when heading into town.  ;D

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2015, 04:09:09 pm »
I just don't get it, if the mirrors go through, the sport cases will go through as long as they are closed(ish), which they are 99% of the time.

It isn't like you can wiggle the K 'through' a lane of stationary traffic like a moped.

Brian (who once had a loan GS while his was in for servicing and didn't realise the cases had the 'touring' lids unlike his which had the 'city' lids)

Brian

If I had a pound for every time I've heard that I'd be a millionaire sadly if I had a pound for every time I've been stuck behind a bike with panniers filtering in traffic who wouldn't move out the way I'd be equally as rich.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2015, 04:11:16 pm »
I only use a top box on my tiger but the day is long gone that I leave anything of any value in it because they are so easy to get into.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 04:53:54 pm »

Brian

If I had a pound for every time I've heard that I'd be a millionaire sadly if I had a pound for every time I've been stuck behind a bike with panniers filtering in traffic who wouldn't move out the way I'd be equally as rich.

Me too, and no-one has ever been stuck behind me when filtering. It is usually eejits on small bikes with no luggage but big egos who hold me up; if they 'think' they can't get through, they are certainly not going to let me past to show em up!

Brian (and what's this 'weaving' you see folks doing when they  are filtering, where does that come from?)

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 04:56:47 pm »
Oh yes agree on the top box front esp. on the more sporty bikes but hey what have you got against scooters :o Started my two wheeled career on the scootery type two wheels, ended up with a Lambretta 175 and bloody hell could that go somewhat I can tell you. It also had a very large aerial on the back to which was attached numerous tigers tails and a plethora yes a veritable plethora of mirrors on the front. Did many a trip down to the sarf coast on that it finally gave up the ghost in the middle of London after one of those trips fortunately right outside a scooter shop who purchased it off me for a few quid and I got the train home. if you really want to have some fun my mate has just got a Piaggio MP3 you know the one with double, articulated front end now that is serious fun and games, oh yes it is ;D Oh and he's also got a Beemer and various other 'proper' two wheelers.

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!