Author Topic: North Oxford Garage  (Read 3261 times)

Offline Greenman

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: A 2009 my 1300s (maybe the sport model as it has all the options)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Zumo 550, optimate, rear rack, tail packs, panniers, front and rear R&G axle protectors.
North Oxford Garage
« on: October 15, 2016, 03:47:03 pm »
I thought I would be posting a complaint here following my recent service, MoT and repair work at NoG as it transpired that despite asking for, and being quoted for, a brake fluid change as part of the work, this wasn't done.

I contacted NoG to enquire what had happened and received this.

"I have just looked at your invoice and it would appear that this has been missed off of your service.
I think this was an error on my part and I apologise for this. If you would like to come back in and get the brake fluid changed I can arrange this for you and a gesture of goodwill we will pay for it.

I apologise again for the inconvenience and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards
 Kimberley"

Can't ask for more than that so I will be continuing with NoG, despite them ordering tank panel when I had asked them to replace the fairing panel after my "forecourt fallover."
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 06:40:01 pm by Greenman »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: North Oxford Garage
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 05:34:49 pm »
Nice response!

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2016, 09:04:25 am »
Mistakes happen,  though hopefully not too often.  It's how they are handled that's important.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 04:08:09 pm »
Mistakes happen,  though hopefully not too often.  It's how they are handled that's important.
Agree
Embrace the wind.

Offline Greenman

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: A 2009 my 1300s (maybe the sport model as it has all the options)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Zumo 550, optimate, rear rack, tail packs, panniers, front and rear R&G axle protectors.
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2016, 06:43:22 pm »
Absolutely - mechanical things go wrong....
When they do, so long as the problem is sorted quickly and easily, I'm happy.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2016, 09:45:41 pm »
I still haven't forgiven them for pretending to help then doing absolutely feck all when my old f800st developed piston slap.  This was after three years and at every service me asking them to check, listen etc.  Every single time I'd get reassured it was ok and "one of the good ones".

Then when trying to part ex at Barnstormer Alton I was told after they spent thirty seconds listening that it was buggered.  NOG we're all "yeah man sure man we'll speak to BMW and go to bat for you our loyal customer"... and did sod all. "Anything I need to do?" "No we'll handle it". K.

So double disingenuous fail.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022