Author Topic: New members say hello here!  (Read 39546 times)

Offline Ross

• View Profile
    • Work website
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: mirror extenders, tank protector, centre stand, larger BM screen, Garmin, BM luggage, rear rack, ... and factory fitted ASC, ESA, quick shifter
Re: New members say hello here!
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2015, 01:03:17 pm »
It's back, thank goodness! Many thanks to all of those stalwarts who got the forum on the go again.

I am Ross and I own a K1300R  :) I live in Westward Ho!, Devon. I used to post on the old forum and look forward to being part of the new community.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 01:07:10 pm by Ross »
Happiness is a bike and a tent

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2015, 01:05:39 pm »
Welcome Ross glad to have you back on board the good ship EuroK

bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2015, 01:07:47 pm »
Welcome back Mr Evil Twin or can we abbreviate that to ET ::) 56K I am well impressed!

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!

Offline Timbox

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2015, 01:20:23 pm »
Aha, Im here you fool and for the others, real name Tim, originally from Sarf London now living in Sarf Wales

Timbox started with my trusty ol R1100S Boxer a few years back and a sort of introduction to Boxers from riding an old R80RT back from Portugal many years ago, left Lisbon at 8:00 Sat morning and was in Bristol 9:30 Sun night, not bad for an old shed, I should maybe write a book about the Portugal experience which involved an Ex Oxford Masters Daughter and a Religous cult on a boat in the Algarve, and Tim the White Night on the R80RT, you couldnt make it up, really.

Had a K1300GT from new in 2011 and swapped it last year after 60K not entirely trouble free miles for a F800GS which has also kept up the BMW tradition of breaking quite early on, but hopefully thats all in the past, yeah right!
Im mid 50's and fix Big Computers(Servers) and troubleshoot Network issues mainly for our Boys and Girls who put themselves in harms way for us.

Good to be back and mainly thanks to Brian and others for putting in some graft, well done.
Isnt it Ironic, no its a BMW what dya expect.

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2015, 03:41:55 pm »
How do.

I've been motorcycling since 2008 when I learned to ride and bought an SV650S for a trip to Holland.  Got hooked, then got bored of London riding so sold it.  A year or so later I escaped to Caversham, Berkshire and made it a further year before getting an F800ST.  Got that to 24k, told I had piston slap and moved on to the 09 K1300S a couple of years ago.  I'm at 36k now and averaging 12k a year.

I love the bike and just put a new exhaust on (SC-Project, photos coming when I remember how computers work) this morning, and did the front pads (no photos coming, it's boring).  Other than brakes, I use Maidenhead BMW for everything and have the insured warranty or whatnot, which I've used a few times so far.

Oh, and other interests include baking (mostly bread), Whiskies, brewing beer, climbing.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline brian63

• Ex K owner
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RS
  • Modifications and add-ons:: garmin,pmr radio with remote arial,Auto Com
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2015, 04:57:00 pm »
Hi Im Brian
refuge from the old site just like to a big thanks to all for there hard work in getting this site up and running .

Offline KLC

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2015, 05:25:07 pm »
Hi i am Kevin,
a member of the old K Club forum , good to see its back up and running. Well done to all concerned.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2015, 06:04:43 pm »
Hi Brian, Hi Kevin!

Glad to have you both back.

Brian (who is horrified at the thought of 62 other Brians out there

Offline bluetoaster

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: AC Schnitzer can, Hugger, Pazzo levers
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2015, 06:55:50 pm »
Hello all.

I'm a new member from Daventry, I wasn't on the old forum but found it after it was referenced on the i-bmw.com site. I run an acid green K1300R which is just a phenomenal bike, plus I run a Z750S for bumming around and commuting on.

Phil

Offline Ray3moto

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200GT SE (now gone, in favour of R1200RS)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Ventura headlamp guard, Accelerator Module, R&G crash bungs, Hornig side-stand thingy, Magnum horn, TechSpec tank grips, Hepco&Becker top box, K'berger gear lever mod.
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2015, 06:56:33 pm »
Hi, I'm Ray and another refugee from the 'old' forum. First and foremost, let me join all the others in saying well done and thank you to Brian et al who have done such a great job in resurrecting/creating this site.

My K is a 1200GT SE, 2008 model. I like it a lot but not completely - it's been the least reliable bike I've owned in over 50 years (OMG!) of motorcycling and it also has possibly the worst gearbox out of all of them. Nevertheless, we've done over 50,000 miles together, mostly UK & European touring but also some SERV bloodrunning and quite a bit of Observing.  When it's going properly, it does its job superbly well and quite honestly, I'm having trouble getting sufficiently interested in any other bike to replace it with - but I'll keep trying!

Greetings to everyone and I look forward to all the pearls of wisdom to come.

Ray Bridgman

Offline Steve F

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: R1200RT
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2015, 08:51:53 pm »
Ah! At last the safe refuge of a EuroK forum. No more Faceache

Offline jplums

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Akrapovic, rearsets, carbon, MRA screen, centrestand, luggage, etc.
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2015, 08:59:38 pm »
Hello everyone - jplums here, real name Johnny, a refugee from the old forum.

I ride a K1300S and have done since September 2014. Many bikes before the K and been riding since '83, however, I am completely smitten with this one. Live in the Sheffield area, and work in West Cumbria which is a brilliant commute along the A65 and then A590/595 on a weekly basis.

Other likes are motorsport, rugby, more rugby and definitely not the round ball game. Glad to have a safe haven to visit and listen to some banter again.

Well done to the guys for getting the forum back up and running.

Johnny.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2015, 09:52:23 am »
Hi Phil, and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub. We're really glad you found us and hope you enjoy your stay.

Steve, Ray and Johhny, welcome back, you must all be as daft the rest of us  :o

Brian (who hasn't said hello to so many people in a whole year as he has since Friday)

Offline Oldandslow

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 2013 K1300R
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Akrapovic end can and Carbon Fibre Belly Pan
« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2015, 11:53:56 am »
Hi,  I’m Shaun

Another who has migrated from the old site via the antisocial media site which is fb so many thanks to all who helped to set up this new site. 
Currently riding a 2013 K1300R - bike is standard apart from a nice titanium Akrapovic end can and carbon fibre full length belly pan.  Previously used to run a 2011 K1300S until it had the front end destroyed  :'( (quote of £9600 for parts only!) by the dreaded white van man - unfortunately whilst I was riding it. The prat then failed to stop after hitting me and disappeared into the distance!  This was followed by a Z1000SX Kawasaki - good bike - then a KTM 1190 Adventure - nice but vibey - however I missed the turbine like engine of the K1300 so here I am back again.  Also have a 2005 GSXR-750 which I use for track-days and the odd Sunday blast – the K1300 is definitely no slower on real roads.  My wife also likes bikes but hates the pillion seat so went out and did her test and currently rides a ZX6R and also had an R6 track bike until very recently. 
We both enjoy touring both home and Europe however I am  off the bike at the minute following leg surgery but can’t wait to get back on again when given the OK by the consultant – hopefully by April/May as we have a tour to France booked for August as an incentive for the recovery  :)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2015, 12:08:52 pm »
Hi Shaun, glad you managed the migration! Maybe we need a 'White Van Man' board in the 'Things Bikers Love...' Category  >:(

Brian (who hopes the leg gets better cos riding with only one must be kinda limiting)