Author Topic: Extended carbon fibre front mudguard!  (Read 25294 times)

Offline NIBS

• Bubble up rubber down
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R & K1300S (both 2012)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Ilmberger this and AC Schnitzer that.
Re: Extended carbon fibre front mudguard!
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2016, 08:46:56 am »
Hi Brian

Without going through the whole thread again this is only for the S models isn't it? The R's have a different front mudguard. If so do you know if there is another version planned for the R?

Costas do you know if the the S mudguard bolts straight onto the R?
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 08:50:20 am by NIBS »
Prevoius bikes:-Ducati Scrambler 800 Urban Enduro, Aprilia Tuono Factory V41100, VFR800 Fi, K1300S, K1300R, YAMAHA MT10 sp, K1300R, K1200R, GSX1300 Hayabusa GEN1, GSXR1000k3, GSXR750Y2K, YAMAHA EXUP RU,NC30-VFR 400, GSXR600WW, XL600R, Z1B, GPZ1100B1, GPZ900R, GS550, Z1B, Z1A, GT380, GT185, FS1E.

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2016, 10:17:26 am »
They fit.  8)
Reply fm the sunny beach at Sitia Crete. 39dc.
Embrace the wind.

Offline OxMan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Just sold my K1300R Dynamic in Racing Red (The fastest colour) - and taken delivery of my Guzzi.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: It's a TT Travel : with panniers; high screen; heated grips; cruise; low comfort seat; top box (!); centre stand; Ohlins; Akra sports can; engine bars; extra front fogs; Caponord mudguard/extended...
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2016, 10:38:14 am »
If it fits the 06-08 GT I'd be interested...

Only 30 degrees in StTropez today!!!
Late emerging biker - took the first bike plunge at 50 with a 12GT : swapped for a 13S 9 months in... then got my mitts on a lovely 2014 13R Dynamic in rrrrrracing rrrrred! Then the COVID came along... so I upped it to France and bought a V85TT... O Sole Mio etc etc!

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2016, 10:48:03 am »
If it fits the 06-08 GT I'd be interested...

Only 30 degrees in StTropez today!!!
It doesn't. A decent fender extender is about your only choice.

Offline NIBS

• Bubble up rubber down
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R & K1300S (both 2012)
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Ilmberger this and AC Schnitzer that.
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2016, 01:18:37 pm »
Hi Costas

Thanks for the confirmation.

I hope you aren't riding round in flip flops and shorts.... What gear do you wear for protection in such a hot environment? 8)
Prevoius bikes:-Ducati Scrambler 800 Urban Enduro, Aprilia Tuono Factory V41100, VFR800 Fi, K1300S, K1300R, YAMAHA MT10 sp, K1300R, K1200R, GSX1300 Hayabusa GEN1, GSXR1000k3, GSXR750Y2K, YAMAHA EXUP RU,NC30-VFR 400, GSXR600WW, XL600R, Z1B, GPZ1100B1, GPZ900R, GS550, Z1B, Z1A, GT380, GT185, FS1E.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2016, 01:39:54 pm »
The front mudguard will fit the S and the R, although there is some doubt about the similarity of the screw holes! You'll need to wade through the thread to find the details but it was discussed previously.

I think that the guard replaces the std guard AND the 'broken leg' bit of plastic that overs the side of the 'forks'! In other words, you end up with an S front end!

I don't know anyone near with an R otherwise we could a comparison!

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2016, 01:41:16 pm »
Hi Costas

Thanks for the confirmation.

I hope you aren't riding round in flip flops and shorts.... What gear do you wear for protection in such a hot environment? 8)

...armoured flip-flops and Draggin Shorts?  8)

Offline Costas

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2016, 09:21:37 am »
Thank God we have a new firm that launched its apparel line last year and it's all made specifically for riders, the owner happens to be a famous rider here. products are made specifically for southern Europe weather conditions.  It's brand name is NORDCUP. And they sale very well as prices are also adopted to current situation, production director is a former RUKA director and quality controler a former DAINESE man, production main facilities are in Indonesia, final touch and distribution takes part in Greece.
Although many still do ride with flip flops and shorts even with a biking swim suit not to mention the lack of helmet am one of those who ride only with the hole set of protecrive gear and insist that my pillion does the same, even at extreme heat .love so much my body and her no matter who she is. 
Embrace the wind.

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2017, 07:04:59 pm »
OK you mudguard and radiator freaks!

Just had an apologetic mail from Mr Carbon Mudguard! Work is hectic and he has just moved house so things that need his attention in the design department have kind of slipped!

However, work has been progressing slowly and he now thinks they should have an initial sample within the next 6-8 weeks and we will be the first to know!

Brian (who is keeping his fingers crossed that the long winter doesn't come before the long mudguard  8) )

Have you still got your fingers crossed? Need this and pretty sure I'm going to need to find that radiator replacement thread someone started about getting a better quality radiator at some point. Running hot at the merest provocation now and we are hardly into double figures on the temperature yet

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2017, 07:19:01 pm »
I've tried chasing him twice in the last couple of months but with no response. I guess he has lost interest. Dissppointing to say the least  :(

Offline Costas

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2017, 08:31:00 pm »
What a coinsidence, was mentioning that and with that same conclusion a couple of minutes before in another post.
Any way thanks for the effort.
Embrace the wind.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2017, 09:15:01 am »
I'm still pushing...

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 20, 2019, 03:45:19 pm »
OK. I gave up way back when! The guy stopped responding.

However, I have another small, independent carbon outfit I am using for some small-run posh bits for another bike.

I want to open a conversation with the chappie about whether he a) can and b) will attempt to make what we all want; or at least wanted way back when this thread was started.

Since then, some members have left, some have given up on the K, but others have joined and the number of K's on the road is still about the same and with increasing age comes the almost inevitability of the dreaded radiator crap-up!

So, before I call and make an arse of myself, again, hands up for those who would be interested...

Numbers affect development costs and purchase price so this is a finger in the air job to see if it is just me or me and Matt or me and Matt and...you get the idea.

But don't go getting your hopes up  8)

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #88 on: January 20, 2019, 04:34:42 pm »
Me

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2019, 05:01:30 pm »

So, before I call and make an arse of myself, again, hands up for those who would be interested...

I'm sorted now, Brian, but thanks for waking the thread up.

The carbon mudguard I got secondhand is considerably stiffer than the standard plastic one.
Carbon guard + carbon extender are now carved, drilled, & fitted, and a gentle whack test suggests the extender won't 'chirp' on the tyre now.
I'd get out there and test it for real, but 3C is too cold to bother. I'm nesh.