Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 774 times)

Offline Yan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R
Hi all
« on: February 25, 2023, 03:40:25 pm »
Hi all,

Thanks for letting me in to your forums. Seems there is a lot knowledge here between you all.

I have just purchased (well about a week ago) a 2009 K1300R. Love the bike as its so different from what i have had in the past, usually sports bikes but as age comes so does riding something a little more sensible, seating wise anyway.

My name is John and i live in Nottingham. Other bikes i currently have are a 1994 Honda FireBlade which i have owned around 21 years and a Hyosung 125 V-twin which i bought just to find my feet again after not riding for around 18 years then straight on to the K1300R...... big jump right LOL

Thanks again,

John.

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Re: Hi all
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 05:13:03 pm »
hi John, and welcome.

For road use, I suspect your K1300R will be both quicker and better than your sports bikes. It'll be good to hear what you thiink.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 05:33:08 pm »
Hi John and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

I haven't heard the words 'sensible' and 'K1300R' in the same sentence since, oooh, let me see, since forever. We have some right hooligans on K-Rs in here. Hope you enjoy it. Brian

Offline alancu

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300R Lava Orange "Piglet"
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Akrapovic 'zorst, Limberger Hugger, custom GPS mount, BMW panniers, motech rack and pig ugly top box when needs must, a few other trinkets
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2023, 11:20:56 am »
Welcome John!

Fellow R owner here. I've had mine 10 years, its the most odd combination of bonkers/sensible and I love it!

>Hyosung 125 V-twin which i bought just to find my feet again after not riding for around 18 years then straight on to the K1300

Nothing like easing back into it gently  :thumbsup:

Offline Yan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 09:14:02 pm »
Thanks for the welcome guys  8)

hi John, and welcome.

For road use, I suspect your K1300R will be both quicker and better than your sports bikes. It'll be good to hear what you thiink.

The K is so powerfull but im sure il get used to it when the weather warms up lol.

Hi John and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

I haven't heard the words 'sensible' and 'K1300R' in the same sentence since, oooh, let me see, since forever. We have some right hooligans on K-Rs in here. Hope you enjoy it. Brian

Thanks Brian, enjoying it so far just not the weather.

Welcome John!

Fellow R owner here. I've had mine 10 years, its the most odd combination of bonkers/sensible and I love it!

>Hyosung 125 V-twin which i bought just to find my feet again after not riding for around 18 years then straight on to the K1300

Nothing like easing back into it gently  :thumbsup:

I had to ease in to it because the wife didnt like the idea of me going out on the blade so i bought the 125 to make her think thats all was going to ride but then i saw the K and bought it, then brought it up in conversation one day LOL

« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 09:23:59 pm by Yan »

Offline mcchoc

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Vario screen & mainstand, humungous tail bag.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 12:05:12 pm »
 . . "then i saw the K and bought it, then brought it up in conversation one day LOL"

Thus proving the old adage -It is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Enjoy the K

Offline Yan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023, 10:00:45 pm »
. . "then i saw the K and bought it, then brought it up in conversation one day LOL"

Thus proving the old adage -It is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Enjoy the K

I thought at the time, the wife will be peeved for a short while but il still have the bike  8) 8) 8)