Author Topic: Re: Places to Stay, Places to Eat  (Read 8036 times)

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Places to Stay, Places to Eat
« on: February 12, 2015, 09:16:53 pm »
This was an excellent suggestion from PaulC and is just the sort of thing we need to keep this forum alive.

I am sure that you all have great ideas from other forums that you inhabit and we should use those ideas to grow our new site.

Please use 'Reply' to add comments to an existing suggestion.

Please start a 'New Thread' for each new suggestion!

Brian (who says 'post em up; there are no bad suggestions, just inappropriate responses'  ::) )
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 02:19:42 pm by Phmode »

Offline Perbunan

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300s
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 04:52:10 pm »
I thought I had seen a section on here or read threads regarding the above, but I cannot find it! I think this would be a great idea to have a sub section giving reviews of biker friendly accommodation and eateries both home and further afield which would help plan trips away etc. Could this be done?

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2016, 05:55:30 pm »
You are here! This is the place and don't ask me why none of the recommendations, including mine, have not appeared here!

Brian (who knows nothing  8) )

Offline Perbunan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 07:25:48 pm »
Righty-o-then, I want to do a weekend trip down to South Wales, with overnight stay around Haverfordwest or St David's area then up through Mid Wales to Betwsy Coed, with overnight stay then return home Sunday afternoon. Any recommendations on B & B's or biker friendly hotels in these two areas?

Offline drumwrecker

• View Profile
    • Coombs Family Page
  • My K bike model:: K1300s 2009
  • Modifications and add-ons:: rear splash guard, Sargent seat and pod, 35mm bar risers
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2016, 12:14:40 am »
I thought they were mostly biker friendly in Wales.
More a matter of safe overnight parking.
Its not always the destination that counts its the ride, having a destination just stops you going round in circles.

Offline TomL

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2016, 12:22:44 am »
Righty-o-then, I want to do a weekend trip down to South Wales, with overnight stay around Haverfordwest or St David's area then up through Mid Wales to Betwsy Coed, with overnight stay then return home Sunday afternoon. Any recommendations on B & B's or biker friendly hotels in these two areas?
Take a look here http://www.eurokclub.bike/index.php/topic,22.0.html
and here http://www.eurokclub.bike/index.php/topic,20.0.html
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

Offline Perbunan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 08:56:32 pm »
Cheers Tom, I'd seen the 2nd link before but couldn't find it, I've been holidaying in Wales for 30 yrs but not seen many places ideal for bikers (safe lock up etc) as its a long trek home if your wheels go walkies in the night. I like rural locations with something to do of an evening other than drink  ::) such as a good walk etc. Plus my missus likes somewhere a bit tidy rather than roughing it unless we're camping.

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 09:57:54 pm »
You could always try the hospitality of Llanwrtwd Wells.

The hospitality at Bryncellin Guesthouse is outstnading, VERY biker friendly, fabulous breakfasts but no restaurant so you have to eat out.

The Neuadd Arms is crowded, has great home-brewed beers, a really good restaurant considering it is Wales and again is extremely biker friendly.

If you want something other than a beer after a day in the saddle, consider this....

http://www.neuaddarmshotel.co.uk/events/#bogsnorkelling

You have missed the World Bog Snorkelling Championship but what the hell.

This sweet young thing....

didn't look, smell or taste as though she had spent the day in a bog last year, but she assured me she had  8) Mind, she insisted she had spent an hour in the shower and I guess I have to believe her  ;D

Offline Perbunan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 03:07:05 pm »
Motorbikes, bog snorkelling, beer and fit young women......I'm on the phone now booking for next year.......sod the TT...........

Which ones the "young sweet thing" on the left or right?  ;)

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2016, 03:09:45 pm »
That depends   :o

Offline Perbunan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 09:52:46 pm »
I thought I had seen a section on here or read threads regarding the above, but I cannot find it! I think this would be a great idea to have a sub section giving reviews of biker friendly accommodation and eateries both home and further afield which would help plan trips away etc. Could this be done?

Brian, I've just realised that there is a whole section hidden from view (things bikers love or hate) unless you click on the header! This explains my post above - doh..........I knew I'd seen it somewhere, I've only found it now because it's not hidden if you don't log in!

Online Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 10:38:42 pm »
Hi Chris,

You can 'close' any of the major sections by clicking on the header bar and when you log in they should come up the way you left them when you last logged out. Try it and let me know if you have a problem.

Brian (who knows some folks who think there are no posts in here at all  ::) )

Offline Perbunan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 07:43:03 pm »
You are correct