Author Topic: Neutral Switch not Working  (Read 1514 times)

Offline capnvini

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Full Remus titanium exhuast
Neutral Switch not Working
« on: April 10, 2018, 08:59:59 pm »
So from what I see on a search, the neutral switch/potentiometer goes on these bikes. Mine started doing that just the other day. So pretty much just replacing the part guess?
Seems like one thing after another on this bike.

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Neutral Switch not Working
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 10:01:00 pm »
From memory it is a straightforward swap with no setting up although I know there is a set up programme in the GS-911.

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 10:17:12 pm »
You may be lucky when pulling the clutch lever up when e.g. you're in first gear and you want to start the engine. Also, the wider the clutch lever is set up, the less probable it becomes that you have a fail when pulling the lever. Of course, this may reduce comfort.

Regarding ...
... Seems like one thing after another on this bike.

... this bike is no Honda indeed. I didn't ever have the problems with my Deauville after 157000 km that I've already had with my 115000 km K1300S. And I haven't even started talking about its oil consumption.
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 10:18:05 pm »
Sorry, re-reading makes me think I misunderstood your problem...
There are I0 kinds of people : those who can count in binary, and those who can't...

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 11:15:27 pm »
... this bike is no Honda indeed. I didn't ever have the problems with my Deauville after 157000 km that I've already had with my 115000 km K1300S. And I haven't even started talking about its oil consumption.

No, it is a highly tuned, very sophisticated and high performance Sports Touring motorcycle; the Dullsville was a shopping trolley with a motor   :)

Offline sudolea

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 09:43:10 am »
No, it is a highly tuned, very sophisticated and high performance Sports Touring motorcycle; the Dullsville was a shopping trolley with a motor   :)

You pay twice the price, but you can't even go shopping with, that's correct indeed  8)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 07:12:45 pm »
And twice as fast and twice as far etc. etc..

If all you need is a Dullsville, then the answer is obvious  8)