Author Topic: Picos de Europa - Oviedo hotel  (Read 4029 times)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
Picos de Europa - Oviedo hotel
« on: August 24, 2015, 10:20:25 am »
 :)

The 2015 Old Gits trip stayed in the Silken Monumental Naranco Oviedo

http://www.hoteles-silken.com/en/hotels/monumental-naranco-oviedo/

and we all had nothing but praise for it. A 4* quality hotel with secure parking (you have to pay a little extra for that) but with prices that are very very reasonable. It's a great base to explore both the town and the surrounding area. It's so good, the Old Gits are back there again next year.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: Picos de Europa - Oviedo hotel
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 10:25:01 am »
...and not a pokey little garage for the bikes either, but a proper multi-storey car park in the basement (but with only one storey ::) )

Brian (who thinks we could have got more than two bikes to one car parking space but the lovely receptionist was adamant we did it her way)

Offline black-k1

• An Original Old Git.
    • View Profile
    • The Old Gits
  • My K bike model:: ex K1200S, K1300S Sport & K1300S Motorsport owner. Now a Kawasaki H2 SX SE owner
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Upgrade to Kawasaki H2 SX SE! Almost 220bhp at the wheel! BST Carbon wheels and Sargent seat
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 11:10:36 am »
...and not a pokey little garage for the bikes either, but a proper multi-storey car park in the basement (but with only one storey ::) )

Brian (who thinks we could have got more than two bikes to one car parking space but the lovely receptionist was adamant we did it her way)

In fairness to the pretty little girl on reception, I had booked parking spaces at a ratio of 2 bikes per space. I'll ask this year if we can have consecutive and back to back spaces as we'll definitely get more than 2 bikes per space then and still have room to get bikes at the back of spaces out.
Correct rear brake use is scientifically proven to shorten stopping distances in EVERY road situation.

European Motorcycle Tours since 1998
The Old Gits - www.old-gits.org

Offline raesewell

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Yamaha FJR (2013)
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 11:24:48 am »
Added to the map  ;D

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 01:32:38 pm »
Added to the map  ;D

Good thinking. As far as a 'car park' went it was waaaay above the average!