Author Topic: Spain - Paradores  (Read 2693 times)

Offline Paul C

• Global Moderator
  • ...ooh, why not?
    • View Profile
Spain - Paradores
« on: February 28, 2015, 05:55:38 pm »
Paradores.

http://www.parador.es/en

These are all over Spain. Many are restored old buildings. A few are purpose built. I've stayed in 5, 4 were excellent, one was good. They are a bit pricey but of a consistent quality. A friend of mine spent a month touring Spain solo in 2013 and used these most of the time. He said the quality was consistently high. If you are over 55 you can get a discount. worth negotiating anyway out of season.
GSA, CCM GP450, Moto Guzzi Lemans II. Once had a K1200GT

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
Re: Spain - Paradores
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 06:50:46 pm »
Try the one at Fuentes De it's unique because of it's position and of a night time with zero light pollution very special.

Offline bobtail

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200S (05) departed but well loved! Now R1200RS I am now a Boxerboy.
  • Modifications and add-ons:: I had no bling on my K12 and was proud of it! And it never, ever let me down, honest! And it still had the o.e. battery going strong, honest!
Re: Spain - Paradores
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 12:29:04 pm »
We have used the Paradores a lot stayed at the Fuentes De when we did a tour of the Picos de Europa. The cable car trip to the top is .......mmmm interesting I've got pics somewhere will try and find them. Do like the Paradore chain because of the standard of service (in the main) and quality of hotels usually with a historical slant and if you are over a certain age! you qualify for quite a hefty discount.

Bob
Are we there yet? I said ARE WE THERE YET? I SAID ARE WE THERE YET?!!