Author Topic: La Pisa near Potes  (Read 3030 times)

Offline midlife crisis

• View Profile
La Pisa near Potes
« on: February 21, 2015, 07:48:13 pm »
well one of my favourite areas for biking is the Picos de Europe national park in North Spain. This place is run by two english people Gwen and John and is about 5 kilometres outside Potes so if you want to eat out every night then you will need to ride in or get a taxi. However John cooks the best dinners in the region and the bar is always open (well much of the time).

http://www.lapisa.co.uk/index.html

Graham

Offline Paul C

• Global Moderator
  • ...ooh, why not?
    • View Profile
Re: La Pisa near Potes
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 05:58:20 pm »
A wonderful ride up the road from Potes is Fuente De. There you can find a Paradore and the Hotel Rebeco.

http://hotelrebeco.com/?lang=en

Stayed there in the summer of 2011 with a group of friends on bikes. It's your standard Spanish hotel with decent rustic food and clean rooms. I would happily stay there again. There's a small garage where they will let guests park bikes if desired.
An advantage of staying here is that you have to ride the road to Potes twice every day you go out. Even better, as you leave in the mornings the roads going down the valley are quiet, as folks tend to visit Fuente De from Potes and beyond. The reverse is true in the afternoon.
GSA, CCM GP450, Moto Guzzi Lemans II. Once had a K1200GT

Offline midlife crisis

• View Profile
Re: La Pisa near Potes
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 07:34:17 pm »
the ride up to Fuenta De is great and even better is the roads that go all the way round the national park, also take the cable car up to the top though when they ask if I wanted a single or return had me worried!!