Author Topic: Posts with missing content!  (Read 2524 times)

Online Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Posts with missing content!
« on: November 07, 2016, 11:54:36 am »
There have been a number of instances recently of content disappearing from member's posts.

I thought we hade mice but the real problem was much more convoluted and seems to have begun after the site was re-loaded after the site outage a few weeks ago.

It appears to be random (unless anyone knows otherwise) and the content was obviously there to begin with as it is often the content of the initial post in a thread that disappears whilst all the following replies are intact, although I have found instances of replies having no content.

David (black-k1) had the content of his thread about the Old Gits 2017 trip go missing. I suggested he re-load the text if he had it and when he tried he discovered something both weird and wonderful; the text hadn't gone missing at all but was merely 'hidden'!

When he hit the 'Modify' button to add his original text, the modify text box opened with the original text there in plain view. He hit the 'Save' button and hey presto, all was back to normal.

So, if you discover a post of yours with content missing, try the modify process to see if it works for you. If it works all well and good, if not, please let me know although I doubt there is much that can be done.

Obviously the admins have the power to modify posts so if any of you guys stumble across such posts give it a try too.

Brian (who now has 47 mouse traps and a whole pile of smelly cheese he no longer needs  ::) )