Author Topic: bluetooth intercom fully vox operated  (Read 2498 times)

Offline gtbusa

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1600gt se
bluetooth intercom fully vox operated
« on: June 17, 2020, 09:03:42 am »
hi,as per title,does anyone know of a bluetooth intercom that is fully vox operated,ie no pressing buttons to speak to passenger.i recently purchased a cardo freecom 2+duo,which works fine(only used 3 times)but after about half an hour one or both of the units intercom switches off and we have to press a button to talk again,is there any unit which works as my old autocom which was totally vox operated.cheers alan

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: bluetooth intercom fully vox operated
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 10:27:58 am »
Hi Alan and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

We are a friendly bunch in here and a few words about yourself in the Who's Who thread will endear you to our members who will be more than happy to help. Brian

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: KTM 1290 Super Duke GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Oberon slave cylinder, 3D printed nav mount
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 11:36:00 am »
Hi Alan and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

We are a friendly bunch in here and a few words about yourself in the Who's Who thread will endear you to our members who will be more than happy to help. Brian

You know, I used to have a headset that was fox operated. On the F800ST, it would sit on the pillion seat and if I wanted to talk i'd elbow it softly, and then it would lift a paw and prod the speak button. You'd think it would be impractical but in actuality it worked quite well. Unfortunately it fell off that time I forgot to secure the exhaust hanger properly and I never saw it again.
"Why was the spider disappointed after browsing the web? Because he couldn't find any fly downloads!"
Claude.ai effort at an original joke - 2022

Offline Belco100

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: ex K12R Sport, K13GT, K13S, multiple K16GTs. But now Ducati Multi V4S & KTM 1290 SAS.
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 12:52:15 pm »
... but after about half an hour one or both of the units intercom switches off and we have to press a button to talk again ...

Wow, how do you get your wife to go quiet for half an hour  ;D

We have Schuberth's with SRC, which I think is Cardo Scala? If it does disconnect but it is set to automatically reconnect when you start speaking again, sometimes needs a couple of shouts to activate but otherwise all good.

Online corkboy

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 08' K1200 GT
  • Modifications and add-ons:: AF-XIED plug. Z-TEC screen, LED Highbeams, Front/rear dashcam
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 04:46:32 pm »
... but after about half an hour one or both of the units intercom switches off and we have to press a button to talk again ...

Wow, how do you get your wife to go quiet for half an hour  ;D

We have Schuberth's with SRC, which I think is Cardo Scala? If it does disconnect but it is set to automatically reconnect when you start speaking again, sometimes needs a couple of shouts to activate but otherwise all good.

Same here, I've the Cardo Q1 Duo.  It is set to vox, and it automatically turns off the comms channel when we haven't spoken for a few minutes.  A quick blow into the mike establishes connection again. Or i can start talking but it misses the first word when reestablishing contact.

Gtbusa, I'd suggest having a quick look at the manual, it's possible one of the settings is not enabled.

The only time I have to press buttons on the Q1 (which is a pre-curser of the freecom) is to turn it on and off, or if I want to turn on music or the radio on my phone.  Talking to passenger, or answering a phone call are all hands-free.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 04:48:05 pm by corkboy »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 01:35:06 pm »
Hi Fintan and welcome to the madhouse that is EuroKClub!

Maybe you would care to drop by the Who's Who thread and introduce yourself to the assembled throng, that way your posts will have some context and more meaning. Brian