Things Bikers Love (or Hate) > Places to Eat

Farringdon Coffee Company at Bahnstormer Alton

(1/1)

Matt:
As the southern contingent will probably be aware, Bahnstormer Alton opened a little cafe thing outside their dealership a while ago. I tried to pop in on the way home from OG23 but it was the one day they were closed. Several months later I used it as my justification to actually ride the bike today.

Well, it's only a shed type affair but has a full kitchen and somewhat covered outdoor seating - though I'm pretty sure you'd be ok to take your food into the seating area inside the dealership proper. I had a pretty decent coffee and a bacon and egg roll. It was well priced and well made.

I managed to avoid buying a bike whilst I was there.

Routes there/back:
The ride up/down the A339 between Basingstoke and Alton is quite nice, although a few double solids can spoil it if one is unlucky with traffic. Alternatively the B3349 between Hook and Alton is also a fast road, though no real bends to speak of - you do get to ride through a place called 'Blounce' to make up for it.

Oh and somewhat more importantly the road south from the cafe/dealer, the A32 towards Loomies, (for much worse coffee and food) has average speed cameras.

richtea:
Wot, no R1300 GS review?

Phmode:
Don't tempt him.

Matt:
You heard him, don't tempt me!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version