Author Topic: NEC Show  (Read 1797 times)

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
NEC Show
« on: November 15, 2019, 04:29:59 pm »
Our day out there is tomorrow just had a email from the ticket folk reminding of the train strike on forth coming Saturdays.

Offline richtea

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
Re: NEC Show
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2019, 06:13:52 pm »
Ah, good point, Chris.
The standard advanced tickets are 'open' - so consider changing the day if you have the option.

Here are the weasel words if anyone hasn't seen them:

Thank you for booking your tickets with us,

We have been made aware that RMT strike action is set to cause significant disruption to West Midlands Railway services every Saturday through November and December. If you are due to visit us on one of these dates, please plan your journey carefully and consider alternative modes of transport.

As a result of this industrial action all trains in operation will be extremely busy given that we are now in the midst of the busy Christmas shopping period and the German Market in Birmingham city centre.

For the latest details on affected services, please visit the West Midlands Railway website. Dates could change at the last minute so we recommend you double check journey details just prior to travel.​
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 06:20:25 pm by richtea »

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2019, 06:56:10 pm »
If we ever bump into each other at Wheel House Tyres i’ll Give you the inside info of how to beat the system,but the train certainly isn’t going to be the way this year.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 04:06:10 pm »
Always find these shows are what ever you make them but have to say we had a grand social day day there was 8 of us so we were B+B last night for those from afar for an early start.

Spent way too much as usual but always great to catch on gossip from the traders we know biggest shock was a guy called Phil Hacker now I have know this chap must be close on 30 years runs the FJ owners club fit as fiddle not over weight and just had a triple heart bypass in his 50’s pretty well recovered and still able to talk KTM’s we all have our weaknesses......

Offline fjtwelve

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: Night Black K1200S 2008, Motorsport K1300S 2016
  • Modifications and add-ons:: K1200S: Low seat, Kahedo seat, full Akrapovic system, BSD remap, LED headlight bulbs, Pazzo levers, slate grey wheels, MRA Vario touring screen with inverted spoiler, RAM phone mount, RG crash bungs; Bagster tank bag & BMW large soft bag & BMW expanding panniers shared between bikes; K1300S LED headlights, RAM phone mount
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 04:58:04 pm »
Known Phil since he started the FJOC myself, think it was 1990. I'd heard about the heart problem, he's a tough old bird, but I think the airborne few hundred metres he did off a cliff in the south of France a few years back was a bit more of a problem. The FJ ended up in tree somewhere, and he was lucky there was a nurse in the riders he was with, there were a lot of broken bits of him never mind the bike (which is also still going somewhere I think). I was beginning to seriously consider going to look for a late plate FJR but now the K13 has entered the garage  that ain't going to happen anytime soon. Honest

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2019, 05:35:45 pm »
Nope don’t suppose it did but he was saying both his parents died in their mid 50’s of the same thing.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2019, 09:37:25 am »
Had to go back this morning because some kind soul sold me two right gloves  :D :D ;D yesterday there was a decent queues this morning there was 6 people  :o
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 05:08:26 pm by richtea »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2019, 01:28:32 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D