General forum area > The Euro K Comms & Sat Nav Corner (including Trackers)

MyRouteApp Routing Challenges

(1/3) > >>

Matt:
Dear fellow humans. I'm encountering this useful error message (it isn't useful to my brain sorry) when trying to use OpenStreetMap mode in the route planner. I've already got the layer as OpenStreetMap, but when I click from HERE mode to the OSM one I get the below.

I'm sure I'm missing a menu somewhere, I always do on this!

I need to use OSM mode for this route as it is to take me down Byways Open to All Traffic, where normally it would route around it (I has a new bike see).

Any ideas?

Matt:
Hi Matt. Well, this is a funny one. MyRouteApp thinks that motorcycles can't ride off road (or off proper roads, as I see you're going down BOATs). So when you selected - naturally enough - Motorcycle mode when creating your route, it precludes the use of the OSM engine. Weird hey, but so is your face.

Matt:
Thanks Matt. That is strange! I mean, even if not going 'off road' it would seem OSM is just incompatible with motorcycle mode. Well, lesson learned. I'm a car I'm a car I'm a big metal car!

richtea:
From a mickey mouse test these 3 settings seem seems to do the right thing for me:
- TomTom or HERE
- NOT Offroad
- Bicycle

OSM instead of Garmin/HERE didn't work.

TomK1300s:
Hi Matt

I always use car mode now, in the past i had problems with motorcycle mode and it seems like the problems are still there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version