General forum area > The Euro K Comms & Sat Nav Corner (including Trackers)

Sat Nav Mount ?

(1/7) > >>

JackSnipe:
Please advise best method of attaching Sat Nav Garmin 350 to K1300 GT, is it Wundelech's ?

raesewell:
Does the 13 have the redundant mirror holes

Steve F:
No, I don't have any redundant mirror holes on my K13GT, so presumably that's a no then ?
Jack, I finally opted for the TT Rider V5 sat nag and mounted it via a Telferizer RAM ball mount (Nippy Normans now also stock this particular RAM mount) which screwed in to the LH handlebar retaining bolts (ie remove existing BMW Allen bolt and replace with nearest length equivalent supplied bolt that comes with RAM mount). The replacement bolt passes through the centre of the RAM ball mount and screws into position as the 'new' LH handlebar retaining bolt, and hey voila, a sturdy sat nag mount! The TT, when fitted, does partially obscure the bottom of the speedo, but that's not really a big deal when out riding. I wired it in c/o a Nippy Normans sat nag wiring loom (£14 ish) on to the purpose built spare loom terminal that lurks under the battery access panel. Simples ! :)

JackSnipe:
Steve F, thanks for the info I have used Telferizer mounts on another bike. Do you think the obscurity is inevitable no matter what Sat Nav you have with your mounting method please ?

Thanks.

JS

Steve F:
Jack, I can only speak from experience wrt using a TT sat nag on the K13GT. but I would guess that, regardless of sat nag make, you would have a partial obscurity issue, albeit a minor one, as I referred to in my previous post. I've found that with adjusting the two RAM balls (on the mount and the sat nag plate), you can improve speedo visibility, but it's a trade off between a partial obscurity and a cockeyed facing sat nag! The Garmin boxes, being a much squarer shaped unit, could obscure more...?? Just a thought.....

Despite this (minor) partial obscuring, I do find this sat nag mount location a good one. No vibration and a nice tidy routing possible for the sat nag cable to under the battery access panel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version