Author Topic: Air compressor not work on K1300S  (Read 2609 times)

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
Air compressor not work on K1300S
« on: June 09, 2016, 07:31:51 am »
Bought Air man compressor a couple of years ago and has accompanied me on a few euro tours. Luckily never really used it in anger for bike. Works perfectly well and use on car etc from time to time. Went to use on K1300S last night as going away for a few days. Plug into socket and tested ok for about 4 seconds. Unit then does not work, is this a symptom of the CANBUS system or is there something im missing. Should I install separate socket direct from Battery to resolve
Mark Barbour

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
Re: Air compressor not work on K1300S
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 08:09:35 am »
It is,and you should  :)

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Titanium / red short levers, Invisible patterns, Modified rack to fit Givi topbox. Large BMW Soft bag.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 08:47:15 am »
Ah the joys of the BMW. Just as well I totally love the bike  ;D
Mark Barbour

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 09:28:00 am »
Bought Air man compressor a couple of years ago and has accompanied me on a few euro tours. Luckily never really used it in anger for bike. Works perfectly well and use on car etc from time to time. Went to use on K1300S last night as going away for a few days. Plug into socket and tested ok for about 4 seconds. Unit then does not work, is this a symptom of the CANBUS system or is there something im missing. Should I install separate socket direct from Battery to resolve
You've already provided the solution . Canbus  would not allow any device connected to bike unless its compatible. So yes directly to battery is the way to go around it.
Embrace the wind.

Offline Philip

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S Motorsport STOLEN. Now on R1200GS which is a little slower.
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2016, 09:56:57 am »
Also suggest you leave the engine running while using the compressor.
Otherwise you may have a pumped up tyre but not enough power left to re-start the engine.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 10:41:51 am »
Unless you have a crap battery you'll be fine plus a lot of these compressors come with a warning about only being for a few minutes,blimey I rode 50 miles yesterday with battery running everything just a faff because I couldn't turn the lights off and save a bit.

Offline lanerider

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: k1300r
  • Modifications and add-ons:: All sorts added on and still adding on and on cant see me stopping
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 12:57:52 pm »
My little compressor works ok with engine running on my k13r when plugged into aux socket
lanerider

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 01:20:53 pm »
You're either lucky or just better that us in reading a products label.
Embrace the wind.

Offline mab1067

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 02:22:26 pm »
Hmm, been doing a bit of digging about and found this quote at the bottom of Air man products. Certainly did not see this on the website i bought from  >:(

Good to know:
It is possible that the AirMan compressor does not work on vehicles of BMW equipped with a CAN bus system. Due to the limitation of power of decision of origin, it may be necessary to install a second independent outlet.
Mark Barbour

Offline TomL

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 10:58:05 pm »
I take off battery cover and clip direct to battery terminals.
As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everybody is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.