Author Topic: New to BMW  (Read 8512 times)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
  • I am the evil webmaster, do not cross me!
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: BMW K1300S 2012
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
Re: New to BMW
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 07:12:41 pm »
No, but you are off a start which is very much like the way it will probably continue....

Brian (not a cynical bone in his body, honest  :o )

Charlie farley

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 07:40:59 pm »
Well if thats how its going to be me and bmw will have a very short relationship  :(

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2015, 08:03:36 pm »
Well if thats how its going to be me and bmw will have a very short relationship  :(

Hence why I'd bet their was a collective sharp intake of breath from the collective on here when it starts 'I've bought' as opposed to rocking up on here and asking 'What do you think I should buy'

Perversely it's become almost a sport  :)

Charlie farley

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2015, 08:33:38 pm »
We'll have to see what the very nice man at .......... bmw says when he reads his email on tuesday  , so far he's been very good, other than what are fixable niggles to me may not concern others I'm finding the k a very quick comfy bike that should do exactly as I need it to.  :)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Modifications and add-ons:: Sargent Seat, Powerbronze Screen, Akrapovic Silencer, Ilmberger Hugger, K12S Black Top Yoke, Helibars, Cruise, Centre Stand, Sidestand Extender, Full 3M Film, Barkbusters Hand Guards in winter.
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2015, 08:49:24 pm »

Hence why I'd bet their was a collective sharp intake of breath from the collective on here when it starts 'I've bought' as opposed to rocking up on here and asking 'What do you think I should buy'

Perversely it's become almost a sport  :)

Yer a wally Chris! Be nice to him, I bet we all bought before we asked 'What?'.

Brian (who, on the other hand, thinks Chris is quite right and more to the point, he enjoys the sport  8) )

Charlie farley

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2015, 09:17:07 pm »
Thats ok im quite thick skinned,  as for the faults /niggles on my bike I did point them out on the test ride and was told they would be sorted they obviously weren't reading the list I wrote , so the second time they looked at my list but not all of it and created a new fault , so 3rd time lucky maybe all the list and fix the work creation fault .
Said list was only 4 lines long _clutch,camchain,oil warning float and indicators timer. Simples  ::)

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2015, 10:36:19 pm »
OK, can I open the next can of worms and ask if you bought the bike from a 'certified' BMW dealer?

Brian (who uses the term 'certified' in 'quotes' because the word has more than a couple of meanings)

Charlie farley

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2015, 10:48:50 pm »
Yes the dealer is a certified bmw only bike emporium the  bike is used  approved bmw, FSH by bmw . :) the reason im not mentioning them by name is that I believe they should be given a fair chance to put right so far there conduct has been very professional.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:54:45 pm by Charlie farley »

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2015, 11:32:06 pm »
....and when they have fixed it up perfectly, you can Praiee them in the Praise or Shame board.

Brian (wno wonders what will happen if they don't.....)

Charlie farley

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2015, 06:35:39 am »
We will have to see what happens :)

Offline Niall

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: 08 K12GT SE
  • Modifications and add-ons:: More lights than a mod scooter
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 08:30:25 am »

No I don't drive little 4x4s as im not a hairdresser, chrysler 300c tourning currently.  ::)

Toyota owners club has an expert on the T180 version - the mk3 (high power diesel) called Charlie Farley. With the eco chip, they make 220bhp and generally, solid and reliable as old boot

Sospes persantas? Age! Fac ut diem...

Offline Costas

• Riders drive K, a Hawk flies, both are fast
    • View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1300S
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BMW Motorrad rider and pillion HP4 pegs,10-30 lit tank bag, SENA for BMW intercom system. Evo air filters. TechSpec tank pads. MIZU lowering dogbone system. B2 accelerator. Wunderlich adjustable levers, hub , brake caliber protectors, duolever bold protector. Turatech ABS Sensor protectors. IDE bars. Rizoma rear led signal lights, bar ends with lever protectors. Sargent complete system seat (pod, pillion backrest). Shrodie side badge led signal lights two modes. LED lights 2X35W 3000k high beam, 10W parking two modes. Tracker. Metisse front wheel protector sliders. R&G water pump protector, cardan protector. Ilmberger carbon set. Ztechnic tank protector,DT wimglets.
  • Location:: Athens, Greece, KS-Loutsa 37°58'16.6"N 23°59'06.8"E 37.971269, 23.985224
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2015, 01:35:52 pm »
Clutch noise points towards the Couplng cap under s/n 1217724328. Hope I'm wrong.
Embrace the wind.

Offline chriscanning

• View Profile
  • My K bike model:: K1200r Sport
  • Modifications and add-ons:: BST's Wilbers Kehedo Rexxer Puig Akra
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2015, 04:57:09 pm »
We will have to see what happens :)

Well at least you have bought the bike from a franchised dealer,the fun starts when folks don't,the next problem you'll encounter is the extended warranty renewal dropping through the letter box in a years time.

Charlie farley

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2015, 05:56:33 pm »
Sorry costas but that means nothing to me but if you hope your wrong it must be serious .
extended warranty is not a problem for the  piece of mind.
also can you tag someone in a reply so they know you have included them ?

Offline Phmode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2015, 06:02:34 pm »
also can you tag someone in a reply so they know you have included them ?

Don't know what that means, perhaps you could explain.

Brian (who thinks it sounds like a kids game, but that's OK by him  ;D )